Chapter one

'Emmy. Get up.' Erin says softly as she shakes Emilia.

'Why?' Emilia stirs.

'The district is having an open day. You're singing remember.' Erin notifies her daughter.

'Right. I'll be ready soon.' Emilia responds. She gets up and gets washed, brushes her teeth and gets dressed.

She decides to wear her white crop jumper, her red skirt, brown heels, a bracelet, necklace and rings

She decides to wear her white crop jumper, her red skirt, brown heels, a bracelet, necklace and rings. The rings she wears apparently belonged to her step-dad's mom. Her step-dad gave them to her for her 13th. She then does her makeup and hair and heads downstairs for breakfast.

She walks into the kitchen and sees her mom and step-dad kissing. 'WOW. You really know how to embarrass your daughter!' She jokes.

'Morning Emmy.' Erin says.

'What's for breakfast?' Gary, her step-dad, asks.

'Smoothie. Don't feel like eating.'

'Emilia, you have to eat. I don't want you fainting on the stage.' Erin tells her.

'Fine, blueberry pancakes and yoghurt.' Emilia sighs.

'I thought you'd say that.' Gary says turning around, picking up a plate and handing it to Emilia.

'Thanks.' Emilia says. She eats he breakfast and washes her dishes. She then heads upstairs to pack her guitar, keyboard and bag for the day. Once she's done that she carries her guitar and bag down the stairs whilst Gary carried down her keyboard. They load everything into Erin's SUV and heads to the district. They have to get there early so they can help set up. They set up the small music area where Emilia will be preforming, face painting stall, games and then information stalls about each division. She then walks up the stairs and inside.