Chapter 17 (ENDING)

His lips felt so good, almost too good. It was as if she had spilled an entire cup of sugar into her morning coffee.

Claire was dressed to perfection from head to toe. Although she was not one for appearances, this was definitely going to be a night to remember. Claire was currently wearing a pastel purple dress that was shorter in the front. Her bangs were pinned up but the rest of her hair came crashing down with life on top of her shoulders. Her makeup was subtle, with the exception of a bold cat eye she had decided to attempt last minute. After completing all finishing touches, she headed to the stage. Nobody had seen her since last night. The air around the host club had become tense ever since Ralphie has showed up.

Claire walked behind the curtains, quickly glancing at the clock. She was to go on in three minutes, and in all honesty she was sick with fear. Playing in front of friends is one thing, but to perform in front of a huge crowd was all new to Claire.

"Welcome to our annual ball!" Boomed a dreamy voice that could only belong to the one and only Tamaki Suoh.

"To start things off, we have a special guest that will be performing an original song. All lyrics and piano notes created by her. So can we get a round of applause for Claire?" Applause filled the room as the curtain slowly drew up. It felt like someone had been punching her in the gut every time the curtain got higher. Finally the room was silent and all eyes fell onto Claire.

She walked towards the beautiful piano laid out in the middle of the stage and positioned herself near the mic. Soon her fingers began dancing on the keys, creating a beautiful melody. She then began to sing.

-

Without noticing, Claire had completed her performance. Applause from everyone roared. There was a mixture of happiness and bottles clinking, but Claire's eyes only searched for one person. Ralphie.

Once their eyes met, he signaled for her to follow him. Claire quickly walked off stage and followed Ralphie. Performing brought back many memories with Ralphie, some good, some bad.

"I want you back," confidently stated Ralphie. Nobody was around, and the air felt cold. Before Claire could consider it, he leaned in and kissed her. His lips were sickeningly sweet. Whatever flame she once felt for the boy had vanished. She pulled away abruptly and shoved him to the side.

"I've moved on with my life, maybe you should to." And with that, she left Ralphie outside. Claire's eyes scanned the crowd for a certain someone. The kiss with Ralphie made Claire finally understand what was wrong with it. Certainly it wasn't the kiss, but deep down Claire knew what was wrong. Her heart belongs to someone else. Scanning the room, Claire couldn't seem to find the one who had stolen her heart.

After a good hour of searching, she decided to give up and return to her room. Just as she had reached the top of the steps, she found the infamous Hikaru standing outside her door. Finally, the guy she had spent all night looking for was right in front of her. For the first time, she didn't have a plan. Whatever happens, happens.

"I've been looking for you." Claire admitted. Hikaru's eyes grew wide.

"Why?" Claire took a few steps closer, lightly touching his shoulder.

"Congratulations. You won the game." Hikaru was speechless.

"What game?" Claire only rolled her eyes and leaned closer to him.

"You know what I'm talking about. Let's just say Tamaki isn't good with secretes." With that, she kissed his cheek and turned around.

"Wait. What does this mean? Where are you going? I'm so confused!"

"All this means is that you've won my heart, but lost my trust. Goodbye Hikaru." Claire walked down the steps and out the door. Hikaru ran down stairs to inform the others on Claire's disappearance. He was so choked up that he couldn't understand why she just left. The rest of the night was dedicated to looking for her, but sadly nobody had any idea as to where she could have gone.

-

Three months had passed since Claire disappeared. The only thing Kyoya could find on her family was that they moved somewhere to America. Every host was heartbroken, and Kyoya couldn't help envy Hikaru for having the last word with her. Eventually they gave up and moved on. That was, until a letter showed up on the doorsteps of everyone's porch. Each saying the same thing:

I'm sorry to leave so quickly. I needed change. Just wanted to let you guys know I'm doing okay.

Kyoya tried his best to trace the letter, but even he could not find her whereabouts. They had lost the love of their life, but would never lose what she had taught them all.

So it's finished. I just needed to end this because I felt like it was a chapter in my life. Sorry the ending was kinda sad, but that's just life. Not everything ends with happily ever after. Hope you enjoyed this journey!