Chapter 11

Hikaru's P.O.V~

The club, except Tamaki, was currently playing some redundant game involving water balloons. Usually I would be excited to cause chaos with Kaoru, but my mind kept only focusing on one thing; Claire. I had never seen her so angry in my life. I wracked my brain for something I said that could have possibly set her off so badly, and the only thing that really stood out was the mention of her deceased grand mother. On the way here, Claire had confided in me. She trusted me with this warm yet depressing story of family love, yet I used it against her in a pitiful argument because I was jealous.

Even though I said those words to myself, I still couldn't comprehend why. Claire was an astonishing girl who never failed to amaze me, but my feelings for her were platonic. I felt the need to protect her, but when I saw her holding that monster's hand with ease; something snapped. I no longer thought about her as a little sister who needed to be shielded from the worlds temptations, but a girl who I felt strongly about in other ways. Ways that shocked me. Why hadn't I seen this earlier when I would get lost in a trance just thinking about her soft yet stern eyes that somehow managed to hold every single shade of purple inside of them.

"Hikaru! What are you doing? You have been staring off into the distance since we started..." Kaoru looked at me concerned and I simply shook my head.

"It's nothing." I should have known he wouldn't buy it, after all, we are twins.

"You will tell me- but after this game. Hurry up and grab a few balloon's from the bucket." I greedily loaded up our ammo and managed to splash almost everyone. There was only a few people left that wasn't completely drenched. Kaoru, a few girls I had seen at the host club, Ralphie, and Claire. Once my eyes landed on her petite figure, it was like I couldn't detach them. She had somehow hypnotized me and I didn't know how or why. Claire was currently occupied with a few other girls who were currently throwing balloons at her. She laughed a heavenly sound and smiled. Seeing her so happy made something inside of me warm. I couldn't comprehend what was happening at that moment, but I just knew that I never wanted this moment to end. Everyone was so relaxed and in a happy state, it wad a joyful moment.

I was quickly jerked out of my happy moment once more when I felt a pressure on the back of my head, short after a wet sensation gliding down my spine. I turned to face my attacker, realizing quickly that it was indeed the man I had despised because of what he had done to Claire. Ralphie.

"Looks like I caught you off gaurd. It was pretty easy seeing as how you were just staring at Claire with that look in your eyes."

"What look?" He chuckled to himself and turned around.
"The look everyone has in their eyes when they stare at her of course. She is a beauty." He began to walk away, but anger boiled inside of me. I launched one of my balloons towards him, instantly colliding with his back. He stopped and pulled his once laid back hands into a fist.

"Well that was certainly unexpected from you." Before I could react, a balloon was thrown straight towards my face. It stung from how hard it had been thrown, immidately telling me he was not just playing around. I looked inside my basket and pulled out a moderately sized balloon. As I was about to throw it towards him, a gust of air flew by my ear.

"It looked like you needed some help," commented Kaoru. I grinned and looked at a now soaked Ralphie.

"Everyone, it is going to get late soon. Please go inside and dress properly for the camp fire that will be held in about a hour." The girls cleared out, including Claire who I caught looking at me. She turned away too quickly for me to decipher what she was thinking.

"What was that?" Kaoru asked as we were a safe distance away from the others. I shrugged my shoulders and acted as if I didn't understand what he meant.

"We were just playing around..." Kaoru scoffed.

"You looked like he was a nuisance towards you." Maybe I should tell Kaoru the truth about who Ralphie really is? He would figure out something to do.

"You know the boy Claire has mentioned before." Kaoru looked confused and I continued.

"The boy who broke her heart..." Once is said those five words, Kaoru finally understood what I was saying.

"He's the guy?" Kaoru asked with wide eyes and disbelief evident in his tone.

"Yeah." Kaoru failed his arms over his head in annoyance.

"You could have told me this sooner!"

"I know, but she told me not to tell anyone." Kaoru stayed quiet, letting this new information sink in.

"Why would she ask you not to tell anyone if she is angry with him? Unless she's not..." Once he said this, we both looked at each other, scared about the reasoning for her to keep his past a secrete.

"Maybe she still has feelings for him." I muttered, earning another shocked look from Kaoru. The feelings I had before seemed to submerge from inside of me, making me want to punch Ralphie with all of my might.

"We can't let him get in the way, especially if we want to win the game." I was about to tell him it was more then just winning a game, when a voice spoke up behind us.

"What game?"