Chapter 12

Claire's P.O.V~

After taking a shower and getting dressed into something a little more appropriate for the cold, I began to walk towards Tamaki's room. It was already eight and I promised to hang out with him after his "date".

The hallways we're almost like a maze, constantly ending and opening new pathways for more rooms. To say I was lost is an understatement. Right as I turned the corner, someone did as well, sending me and my accidental attacker to the cold tile.

"Sorry," I muttered as I opened my eyes to see who I had knocked down.

"It's no big deal," Ralphie reassured. Once he got on his feet, he held out his hand for me to take. I accepted and once I was standing with ease, I looked behind him and saw the twins. They both had fearful expressions, which made me curious as to why they were with Ralphie.

"Are you guys okay? You look... scared." They shook their heads quickly, too quickly. Something was definitely wrong, and although me and Hikaru had a falling out earlier, he was still my friend.

"Do you know where Tamaki's room is?" I asked, trying to change the subject. Maybe they didn't want to speak in front of Ralphie?

"I'll show you," Kaoru spoke up. He seemed weird, and I didn't understand why.

"I'll catch up with you guys later, then," I said as I walked away from Hikaru and Ralphie. Kaoru kept his distance from me, not even bothering to look me in the eye. Before we moved any further, I grabbed ahold of his wrist. He jumped, obviously startled from the sudden contact, but then turned to face me. I couldn't read his expression: guilt, worry, sadness?

"What's wrong? You and Hikaru have been acting strange..." He sighed and ran a hand threw his vibrant orange hair.

"This may not make any sense, but just know, everyone in the Host Club honestly cares for you. We would never do anything to intentionally hurt you." I gave him a confused look. Why is he randomly saying this?

"Um, okay? Did something happen?" Kaoru's eyes pleaded with me not to ask anymore questions, so I dropped the subject entirely.

"Well then, if you aren't going to talk to me, I guess just show me to Tamaki's room."

"Thank you." We walked in silence, which was, frankly, extremely awkward. Normally Kaoru would be ranting about the newest games that came out, but instead he was eerily quiet.

Kaoru broke my train of thought with a simple, "Here it is," and then took off down the hallway, leaving me confused and mildly hurt. Him and his brother have been major assholes recently, maybe they are having their man periods...

I knocked on the door, hoping he was back already. Sure enough, he opened the door with a happy look on his face. Atleast someone is acting normal today.

"Hey! I promised to hang out with you, do you want to walk together to the cookout?" Tamaki's smile widened and he nodded his head.

"Sure, I was actually just about to leave anyway." He closed his door and joined me.

"Hopefully you know your way around better then I do," I joked.

"We've held many events here, so I know my way around pretty well."

"That's always good to know. How was your date?"

"It was alright, but I wish it was you who had joined me." I rolled my eyes at his attempt to flirt.

"I'm still suprised you haven't had a girlfriend, are you sure you're straight?" He blushed at my accusations.

"I can assure you that I'm straight. I guess I'm just looking for the right girl." He sent me a heart warming smile which made my cheeks heat up. Quickly trying to avoid any further slip ups, I changed the subject.

"Have you noticed Hikaru and Kaoru acting... weird lately?" Tamaki thought about it for a minute and shrugged.

"No, why?" I sighed and ran my hand through my hair exasperated.

"Hikaru was cool on the way here, and then once Ralphie showed up; it made Kaoru and Hikaru behave differently. I really noticed it whenever Kaoru led me to your room earlier." Tamaki looked confused and I soon caught on.

"Ralphie is an old friend of mine who is staying at the resort for a week." He seemed like something was on his mind, but his expression faded once we reached the door seperating us from the beach.

"Let's go, we don't want to miss anything," I informed as we walked outside. The smell of the ocean was strong, but brought back happy memories of when my parents would take me here as a child. Those days are far gone seeing as how they both are constantly working. My father made a promise to me years ago, saying we would always be one big happy family.

What happened to that? Just like many others, he let me down.

A/N

Sorry it's a short chapter, the next one is going to be longer and more eventful. This was more of a filler, but tbh I have been under major stress to finish my project from hell.

Also, thanks for them editing tips KKaiio