Day 40

last chapter. enjoy.
Comments your thoughts at the end of it and vote.
Don't delete this book from your library yet for one final author note in the final update.

Day 40

The ringing sound from the alarm clock disturbed my sleep. My eyes fluttered open slowly and I reached out on the table to turn it off.

Getting into a sitting position, I yawned as I stretched. I checked my phone to see if I gotten any text or call but there was none.

Well, today is the day, I thought.

Getting out from my bed, I called Chris but I could not get through it as the phone was off. Well, maybe he was still sleeping.

I had a shower and went to make myself an easy breakfast. Cereal and milk. Typical lazy breakfast, to be honest.

I checked the time in my phone, it was half past eight. I have to be in school by nine to hand in the baby. After 40 days, I have grown attached to it. This will be hard but it's alright. I will have Chris by my side.

I checked my phone again in case he called me back or anything. But there was no new message nor missed call. I tried calling him few more times but it went straight to voicemail.

" You're heading to school? " Sarah asked as she got down from the stairs.

" Uh, yeah. But Chris is not here yet. I tried calling him but I couldn't reach him. " I replied to her. Anxiety started to stir up inside of me. Be calm, Julienne.

" Oh. " Sarah stated shortly and she seems a bit lost in thoughts. But shortly after she shook her head and looked at me.

" Well, I can send you to school instead. Maybe he's waiting there? " Sarah said. I nodded my head and we walked out from the house, with Camien in my hand and few other stuff. This is it.

The journey to school was okay. But something feel unsettling. Sarah was silent the whole drive. Her eyes was focused on the road and nothing else.

We walked out from the car as she parked it at the students parking lot. I told her that she can just dropped me off at the main door but she insisted on parking and following as she said she have some stuff to get.

I looked at my phone and no new notifications from Chris. Where is he? I called him few more times but the result was still the same.

Making my way to our PE classroom with Sarah, we sat at the empty place while waiting turn to hand in the baby.

" Where is he? " I asked. Sarah looked at me and shrugged her shoulder. I tried calling him again but I could not reach him.

" Christian Julian Mason and Julienne Anna Stanller " Mr Waltz called our name. Means it's our turn now to hand in Camien. But Chris was still no where to be seen. I walked to the teacher desk with Sarah to give all the items back.

Mr Waltz didn't asked about Chris whereabout. After I gave all the items, he passed me my Junior Year final result.

" Uh, may I get Chris' result too? " I asked since Chris was not here. I can just pass it to him later on when I go to his house.

" Mr Mason already retrieve his documents. " Mr Waltz said and gave me a smile. Eh, he did? When?

" Well, thank you then. " I said and walked out from the room with Sarah.

" I just don't understand. Why didn't he wait to get it with me? " I asked Sarah. Sarah looked down on the tiled floors and shrugged lightly.

" Julienne! " A voice called from behind and I turned to the direction.

" Tim, what are you doing here? Isn't that you already passed your baby last week? Oh, David. You're here too? " I asked. Then I saw Emma and Sophia following up behind them.

The boys looked at each other before looking back to me. They looked like they want to say something but words does not come out from their mouth. The girls come and stand by my side

" I-I have something for you. " David  passed me a white envelope.

" What's this? " I asked curiously. My heart beating so hard due to suspicious feeling that crept inside me.

" It's for you.." Tim said. I opened the envelope and took out the white paper inside. Opening it carefully, my eyes started to taking in words by words.

My head blanked and my heart felt like stopping. The only things running in my head was,

why?

*  *  * 

To my dear sweet baby Jules,

I know you are curious about my whereabout. I am fine. But, upon reading this, I am stepping out from your life.

Please don't misunderstand it. You didn't do anything wrong. It's not you, it was me. I am the problem.

Do know that I love you with all my heart but I'm not the right guy for you. I only make you suffer and miserable. I failed, Julienne. I failed. I failed to protect you. I always hurt you and let other hurt you. I can't stand that, Julienne.

I know and I believe. Out there in this world, there will be a right guy for you. A guy that will protect you the way you should be protected. The guy that will love you the way you should be loved. The guy that will not hurt you like how I did.

This is for the best, baby. The longer I stay, the more I will hurt you. So, this was the only way for you not to get hurt by me anymore. I am sorry, Julienne. I truly am.

Thank you for all of the great times and hard times. It will forever be the memories that I remember and cherish.

I hope you will find your true happiness after this. I am sorry, baby.

Goodbye, Julienne.

Truly,
Christian Julian Mason

***

[ THE END]