Secret Pleasures.

"We need to find a place to hide, what about the barn?"
He nods and I hobble my way over to the building, but he scoops me into his arms. He actually picks me up like I'm weightless....
Then it hits me.
He and I don't have much on us, we are practically bone...
None of the less, he sets me down on the top layer of our new home. Enough to be hidden, it actually is quite luxurious despite the cobwebs.
I make Jay lye down on the couch as I make food. He fiddles with a remote and turns the TV on. I take the canned goods and set them on the stove, keeping my weight on my opposite ankle.
"Canned green beans? "
"Sounds good." He replies.
I look in the cupboards. To my surprise they are fully stocked. Junk food, fruit, bread, you name it they have it. I open the fridge in shock.
"Jay there's bacon." "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"
He looks up at me with eyes like a child, as if I handed him a candy bar. "BLT!" 
I cook the bacon and slice the tomatoes and lettuce.
I have trouble walking. Each time I wince in pain with the slightest pressure. Jay notices it.
"We need to go to a hospital Ros."
"This is rebel base and you want to go to a hospital?" I ask.
"They'd shoot us!"
"Well you can't just sit here Ros."
He's sympathetic towards me.
"I'm not a lost cause Jay. Don't look at me like a kicked puppy. I'm fine."
He sighs and I sit down. I lay my head in his lap; as i'm startled by the message on the screen.
"The opposing side is rebelling against us and are only improving. Stay sheltered, and take care of your own." "We are going to Brandy live outside the base; to speak to the fighters and show our support."
I turn the TV down.
"Jay!" He looks over and shakes his head...
"No" his voice is firm.
"But."
"But no." " No news station will freely give away their base."
"But what if they are!" I respond.
"Right right, cause this isn't a war, and we're all playing manhunt." He snaps.
"Maybe it's best we think that over snapping at each other." I respond.
He laughs and I lye there on the couch by the amber glow of the fire; before finally dozing off to sleep.
------------
I look down at this blond haired, emerald eyed beauty. My four year old Bella runs around the house giggling about the "dragon" (Jay) and taunting him.
"You won't catch me daddy!" She giggles. She's trapped now and Jay goes to tickle her, right before he did Noah jumps in and saves the day.
"Bella take my hand, I'll save you from this dragon!"
And she does, she takes his hand and they both giggle as their father scoops them up into his arms....
I smile and kiss him. I can't help think this is what I want.
One day.