Rebruised.

Jay covers behind the trees.
Two men looked out, and snickered. One holds a gun against my skull, and the other makes my wrist touch my shoulder blade. This makes it quite uncomfortable but I can deal.
I can see Jay throughout the trees....
"Stand up"
"I can't" I reply, "It hurts to stand."
They laugh at each other and pick me off the ground, my hands still behind my back. Tears form in my eyes but I blink them away. They let go of my arms and watch as I fall back down. One kicks my ribs laughing as he pulls my hair, making me sit up. He chokes me; putting his hand, his strong capable hand against my throat.
"If you do what I say I'll let you live."
I barely can talk but manage to squeak out a few words.
"You'll be sorry..."
I twist my arm free and rip the pill from my pocket. I don't hesitate, I take the pill and swallow it. I watch Jays eyes widen as mine roll back as I pass out. Slowing my heart beat.
They stare at each other, "Our first"
That's all I can make out as they start to leave.
The leaves softly fall from the tree, the crisp air touches my skin. Jay awakens me.
"Nice going" he starts. He plunks me into his arms hesitantly. I can't fight him, I'm in no shape to fend for myself. I look down seeing how easily I was picked up, has he been working out?
"You obviously broke something. You had to fake your own death to get out of this." "That takes guts"
"Eh" I reply trying to play it cool.
"Are we far enough away from them?" He nods and sets me down.
I take a small package from my backpack.
"I took their bags" I smirk.
"Wow!" He responds. "You steal a lot don't you? The motorcycle, the packs, my heart." I scoff at the words.
"Oh no." "We are simply allies; together no longer."
He smiles sadly pushing a piece of hair out of my face and looks at my throat. More specifically the red fingermarks engraving it.
" I should've done something."
"You'd be dead." I respond.
"Why'd that matter? You wanted me dead." "I hurt you."
"Oh brother" I think.
"Jay if we had a daughter and she loved you... Would you hit her too!"
He takes me by surprise and kisses me against the tree.
I feel tears well in my eyes. My hands tremble as I shake vigorously.
He is touching the bruise.
The smell of alcohol overtakes his every breath.
Then it hits me....
"Jay you're drunk."