Si umquam mihi. (If You Ever Loved Me.)

"Jay" I shudder. 

My cheek is bruised and tagged with red.
My lip is bleeding, but that is the least of my worry. 

I find Jay laying against a tree. He looks up at me, as I swing my fist as hard as I could. He looks like a sad puppy, that he's innocent. As hard as I may try... I don't think I can do what he did to me. I didn't hit him.

I didn't try. 

Although he does deserve it. 

"Rosaline! Did you try to hit me?" His nostrils flare (Despite the anger he looked kinda sexy.) And you can see the hurt in his eyes. 

"Jay I can't try to hit you... I simply do or do not." I reply.

He looks at the bruise forming on my cheek, the blood on my lip, and finally down at his hands. They are now thoroughly coated in blood. 

"Rosaline" He speaks with empathy.
"You remember me?" I ask
"I'm sorry!" He says.
"Like hell you are! You hit me Jay! I should hit you harder but, I'm not."
"You're doing well because we're through!"
"No! Rosaline!" He says.
"Save it Jay. You can be an abusive bastard on your own." He holds back tears.
"I didn't mean it!" He shouts.
"I'm leaving, if you follow me or bother me, if you bother my family or myself."
"I'll kill you."

I walk off leaving anything there. I'm leaving Jay. Today is my day.
"Wait!" He cries.
"Rosaline I need you."
Now I talk.
"Jay if you needed me you wouldn't hit me. Just like you wouldn't dump water on the ground if you were dying of thirst."
"But I love you Rosaline!" He cries.

I turn this time and walk slowly towards him. He tries to hug me but I slap him and he winces in pain.
"If you loved me there wouldn't be a bruise on my cheek!" 

I turn to walk away but he grabs my ankle, I turn hard trying to release his grasp. 

*Snap.*

I scream in pain falling to the ground. 

"Rosaline!" he screams. 

"Come here! Let me help you...."  I cut him off.

"Jay! You've done quite enough. Go away." 

He begs me to let him assist me...

"You are poison Jay, you only kill me... You will never care so more onto your next bitch." 

"Fine" he yells back. 

"Don't expect to see me until i'm on the news; hanging from a rope." He smirks.

"Jay, if you love me or ever did.... You won't." 

At that moment we start to hear rustling and voices. 

"Maybe this time I won't have too."