Save A Life.

"Release them, and do as you wish with me." I step close enough for a clean shot.
"Very well" he says and does exactly that. I whisper to the child, she can't hear me the other runs into my arms.
"When I say jump do it." They seem terrified but nod.
"Jump"
The boy jumps the side of the building as I shoot both men, the woman and man aid them.
The man stands up and grabs the girl. She is young around 4 years old, she has brown braided hair and pretty blue eyes... He pushes the girl to the edge of the building, summoning me towards her.
*

Click*
I pull the trigger of my gun aimed at the neck of this man.
"Shit, out of ammo." I mutter
"Leave the kid go." I can see the fear in her eyes now. The hatred and fear, fore in the one second; her innocence was taken without authority.
"Not on your life." He gives her a mighty push and she falls. I stumble after her, shooting him in the chest with a dropped weapon. Catching the girl by the wrist, she's in tears; this no doubt is a traumatic experience.
"Help me!" She can't control herself now. She wiggles to grab my other wrist as I reach down.
All I hear is...
"Bravery or foolishness? Guess you'll never know." A force throws me down, and a scream escapes the child's lips. What do I do? I do the only reasonable thing that can be done.
I wrap myself around the girl.
This could be my death, but the girl doesn't deserve hers. Maybe my body will create a barrier against the impact.
She squeezes her eyes shut.
Two "runaway fugitives" may lay cold and lifeless on the ground.
It's funny because that fall feels like forever.
What feels like minutes, is perhaps seconds.
I have a chance to react.
I look around quick searching for a device to help us. As I fall I look up I see a rope, I snatch the tail end of the rope and pull up.
My body slams into the side of the building, without realizing the slow rip like sound. As the child climbs higher, she grabs the rungs of the ladder beside her. And then I hear it, the finale rip; signifying gravity to do it's job.