Chapter 17

Sunday

Finally it is Sunday. Sadly Mike leaves today but Jayden finally comes home. I am at the airport with Mike and my mom because his flight leaves in about 10 mins. I am really sad that he has to leave but also really happy that Jayden gets to finally get back.

"Flight 302 is now boarding!" the overcome says. That is Mikes flight. I give him a tight hug and he does the same. My mom gives him a hug and tells him something. 

Before he leaves I give him one more hug and he whispers, "Be happy Haven." I nod. 

"Love you!" I say and he says the same thing back. As he walks away my mom pulls me in closer and hug me with a tear slipping out of her eye. She always cries when he leaves, I do too. I wave to him before he steps into the tunnel.

After we see his plane take off my mom said, "Are you sure you want to stay here and wait for his plane?" she asked me. I nod. 

"Okay well I have to go home because I have slot of paperwork to get done." I nod okay. My mom drive here in her car and Mike and I drove here is Jayden's car. 

"Okay love you." I say and she gives me a kiss on the head.

Once she left I sat down somewhere where I could see out the window so I can see when Jayden's plane lands.

My phone vibrates, I look at it and is an unknown number. I open my phone and tap on the message to look at it. It reads-
Hey I hope everything is okay between us.
I didn't know the number so I just didn't respond and deleted the message, just someone with the wrong number.

After about 30 minutes it is 5:15 and I can see a plane landing. I quickly jump up and wobble over to the plane's tunnel. I still have my boot on so I can't move that fast. I anxiously wait till I start to see people come out of the tunnel into the airport.

A big crowd of people come out followed by Jayden. Once I spot him I try my best to run to him through all the people. When he sees me, he jogs to me with open arms. I gladly take the offer and run into his arms.

A/N I know that in the picture she doesn't have a boot on---------------"I missed you so much!" I whispered into his ear still in his arms

---------------
"I missed you so much!" I whispered into his ear still in his arms. 

"I'm home now baby." he whispered back to my ear. I take my head off of his shoulders and smash my lips into his.

After about 5 minutes of hugging and kissing he finally puts me down still with our lips connected. "I so happy that you are home!" I tell him with a huge grin. 

"I'm just happy to have you back in my arms." he says still with his arms around me. 

"God I missed you!" I murmur.

We walk out of the airport to the car holding hands. He puts his stuff in the backseat before getting into the drivers seat. 

He starts the engine and says, "Oh I love this car!" he smirks. 

"I thought you loved me?!" I pout jokingly. 

"No, I love this car but I'm in love with you." He smiles at me making me blush. 

"Your so cute." he adds. We grasp our hands together before we started towards his house.

We have been home for about 2 hours now, it is about 10 o'clock now. We've just been talking about our weeks since we weren't together. "So how was your trip altogether?" I ask. 

"Shit!" he laughs. 

"Why?" I question. 

"Because I hate everyone on that side of the family and I had to live a whole week without seeing you." He answers grasping my hands. I laugh at his answer a look down at our intertwined hands and smile.

"Can I ask you something that has been in my mind?" I ask shyly. 

"Of course." he says pulling me on to his lap so that I am straddling him. I have had this question on my mind since the first incident with Carlos happened. 

"Why are you so protective of me?" I ask softly looking into this eyes. He takes a second before answering.

"I don't want you to get hurt and if anyone does hurt you, I want them to know that your boyfriend, that loves you so much, will kick their ass." He smirk making me laugh. I can tell that there is more than that. 

"And..." I say. 

"And what?" He questions. 

"Jayden I can tell that their is more than that." I tell his grabbing his hand. He gulps and just looks stares at our hands. 

He takes a deep breath and says, "And I am selfish. I don't want you to leave me, everyone that I've ever loved always left me." He says, never making eye contact with me at all during his statement. Even after his statement he does not look at me. I put my finger under his chin forcing him to look at me. 

"Look at me. It's not selfish. I will never leave you okay." I tell him in a soft but stern tone. 

"I love you Jayden. I won't leave, I promise." I add softly kissing his lips. He kisses me back letting go of my hand and moving them to my cheeks, cupping my face.

"I love you Haven Bower." He whispered when we release lips. 

"I love you too!" I whispered back laying my head on his chest wrapping my arms around him. He wraps his arms around me pulling me close to him.

"Baby, can I ask you something I've been thinking about." Jayden asked, kissing my head. 

I nod, "Yeah." I answer. 

"Can you tell me why you were so shaken up after you talked to Carlos?" he asked in a soft tone. I gulp down the lump in my throat. 

"H-he is the person that k-killed my dad and brother." I managed to get out in between stutters. He looks at me shocked. 

"H-how do you know that? You said he went to jail for multiple reason and he shouldn't be out yet." He tells me worried.

When Carlos went to jail they found out that a lot about him and his past so he had to serve 15 years and it has only been 6 since the accident. 

I nod, "I know." I say playing with my finger not making eye contact with him. Carlos's last name is Vanderbilt a family that we have never been... lest say 'friends' with. So yes Carlos purposely hit my dad's car and who knows what he is trying to do to me or my mother.

Tears threaten to fall from my eyes. "Jayden... I-I don't feel safe when I'm alone." I say letting a tear fall, but then quickly wiping it away. Then all hell breaks lose and tear start to stream down my face, staining my face. 

"Shh... baby I'm right here and I swear to god if he or anyone tries hurts you I will kill them." He says wiping tears from my face, holding me tightly. I lay me head in his chest slowing down my crying.

I start to slowly fall asleep against Jayden's chest. He lifts he up holding me and taking me upstairs to his room. Because I was so tired I never opened my eyes I just cuddled against his chest. He lightly lays me down in the bed covering me with the blanket. I hear him walk to the other side of the bed. I feel the bed go down a little bit indicating that he just sat down on the end of the bed. He takes off his boots and shirt. He lays down next to me pulling my limp body towards him. Finally I let darkness come over me taking me into my dreams.