Chapter 13

"Hey babe can I ask you something?" I ask grabbing his hand, intertwining our fingers.

"Of course baby." he asked sincerely, making me blush.

"Why do you dislike my brother?" I ask. He takes a moment before answering.

"I don't dislike him it just annoys me that he thinks I would do something to you to hurt you. I wouldn't even think of that, Haven." he says with a small bit of anger in his voice.

"I know you wouldn't." I respond.

We sit silent till we get to the beach. We get out and get our towels before walking to the beach hand in hand. There is only about 20-30 people at the party. Thank god, I didn't want a big party. I walk to the beach and a bunch of people come up to me saying happy birthday.

"You want to get in the water?" Jayden asked, standing behind me. I turn around to face him and wrap my arms around his waist as he does the same.

"I'd love too!" I say starting to strip to my bathing suit. Behind me someone whistles, Devan.

"You aren't allowed to do that unless you want a black eye." snaps Jayden making me blush and laugh, Devan just holds up is hands in innocence. Jayden kisses my light pink cheeks, taking my hand leading us to the water.

We walk in to the water letting the waves crash in to our legs. Both of us dive into the next big wave we see. Coming out of the water I bump into someone. I open my eyes expecting to see Jayden, but instead I see.. Carlos!

"Hello Haven" he says in a tone that makes the hair in the back of your neck stand straight up.

"Remember me?" he adds, grabbing my upper arm pulling me closer to him.

"Get the hell off of me!" I whimper.

"Oh but I can't." he sighs.

"You don't remember me do you?" He adds.

I shake my head. "You might when I say these names... Daniel and Kol." He says smirking.

"Oh my god you..... no" I cry.

"Get off of me!" I yelp, struggling to get out of his grip.

Jayden cuts in between us, making Carlos let go of my arm. "What the hell did I tell you!" Jayden growls.

"I might of not been clear the first time but I swear to god if you touch her again I will kill you," he threatens. "Now leave!" He adds.

I have never heard so much anger in Jayden's voice. He turns pulling me into his grasp walking is out of the water.

"Do you want to talk?" he whispered to me. I shake my head 'no', he nods 'okay'.

As the party continues I push Carlos to the back of my mind. Before the party starts to clear out, and everyone is still here Jayden whispers in to my ear

"I have one more present." he smirks. I give him a questioning look and he just smiles at me.

A few minutes later I realized that a bunch of people are bunched around a chair. The group and I push through people making our way to the front. I spot Jayden with a guitar in his hands. I smile at him as he smiles back. "Happy birthday Haven! I love you." he announces. I mouth back 'I love you', then he started singing:

Feeling like I'm breathing and my last breath, feeling like I'm walking my last steps, look at all of the tears I've wept, look at all of these promises I've kept.

I put my heart into your hands, Here'a my soul to keep, I let you in with all that I can, your not hard to reach. And you've blessed me with the best gift that I've ever known. You give me purpose, yeah, you give me purpose.