Chapter 9

"Be good, ok? I'll pick you up after school" Natalie nodded and smiled, giving me a tight hug before readjusting the straps on her school bag and scurrying off to talk to her group of friends. I smiled at the sight of my sister chatting happily with her friends, I watched for a little longer before turning on my heels and getting into my car.

I drove off to school, entering the double doors of the building. I was early according to the time displayed on my phone. Class didn't start for another thirty minutes or so, so I had some time to kill. I slid my phone open and quickly entered my password before clicking on my messages and selected the contact name for the girl who always made my heart skip a beat.

To My Koala Princess 🐨💛: Hey, are you in school yet?

I went to pocket my phone but almost instantaneously I got a reply.

From My Koala Princess 🐨💛: hey, I was just going to text u
From My Koala Princess 🐨💛: but yeah, I'm outside my homeroom. Do u know where that is?

I chuckled at her first message, I guess we had the same idea. I nodded before facepalming myself, I'm an idiot, she wouldn't be able to see me. I texted her back quickly before stuffing my phone in my hoodie pocket and readjusted my school bag before making a beeline for Camila's homeroom.

To My Koala Princess 🐨💛: Yeah, I'll be there in a sec

I arrived at the Cuban's homeroom shortly after my text had been sent and I couldn't help but smile widely when I saw the beautiful girl herself stood there, phone in hand. I approached her quietly, making sure she didn't spot me before I wrapped my arms around her waist and set my chin on her shoulder, "I missed you" I mumbled, placing butterfly kisses on her neck, I felt Camila relax into my arms and melted into the soft kisses I was planting on her smooth, caramel skin.

I smiled against her skin and that's when she turned around, pecking my lips softly then giggling once she noticed that my eyes had fallen shut for the mere second she had kissed me. Her giggle brought a smile to my face and I felt my the corners of my lips quirk upwards. My eyes fluttered open and met her warm and rich, brown ones, they twinkled--the golden specks in them even brighter than normal as she stared into my eyes--"I missed you too Y/n/n" she admitted, my smile only grew wider at her words.

"I'm surprised you're talking to me right now" she confessed, taking her plump bottom lip in between her bright, white teeth. "Why?" I asked, tilting my head to the side slightly, she giggled again, "You're a puppy" she smiled, "But it's cause we're at school, anyone could hear you." She explained, gesturing to our surroundings. I nodded in understanding and shrugged, "There's no one around, I'm fine for now, no need to worry, love." She nodded this time, satisfied with my reply before hugging me tightly, her suddenness catching me off guard and startling me.

She giggled again at the surprised expression on my face "Sorry" she mumbled sheepishly, blushing lightly. I shook my head and grinned, "It's alright" I said and she nodded before pressing a gentle kiss to my lips, allowing for me to kiss her back this time. We both melted into the brief kiss before pulling away, I rested my forehead on hers and opened my eyes, waiting for her to open her's again.

Slowly, her eyes fluttered open and I was greeted by those warm pools of cocoa, "Hey" I chuckled, she scrunched up her nose and smiled again, "Hi" she said quietly. I pecked her nose and then she stopped hugging me.

I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and she was about to intertwine our fingers but then Shawn approached us and I felt Camila stiffen. I used the pad of my thumb to run circles on her arm, trying to soothe her.

The Canadian boy instantly frowned when he noticed us, "Hey Mila" he said, smiling, Camila gave a weak smile back. "Hi" she mumbled, sinking into my side more, "Y/n" Shawn muttered, glancing at me for a moment before looking back at the Latina. I rolled my eyes at his rather childish behaviour but kept quiet, choosing not to say anything, I didn't want to talk to him and as long as Camila was fine with that then I wasn't going to speak to anyone but her. It seemed she was my exception to a lot of things.