Chapter 6

Your POV:
"Natalie?" I call out, searching around for my younger sibling, only to get an "in here" in response from her room.

I walk up the stairs and enter her bedroom, seeing her sitting there on the edge of her bed holding something in her hands.

I walk a little closer and sit beside her, noticing now she was holding the last family picture we had ever taken as a full family, back when mum and dad were here with us.

I wrapped my arm around her and brought her in for a tight hug knowing how upset she can get thinking about the old days. I press a kiss to the side of her head mumbling "it's ok, they're in a better place bug." She nods "I know they are but I...I miss them Y/n/n" she says beginning to sob so I held her tighter.

"I miss them too but we have to stay strong, mum and dad would want us to." I tell her, pressing a few more kisses to the side of her head. "It hurts though" she mutters. "I know it does but they wouldn't want us to sit here and cry, mum and dad would want us to make the most of our lives, they would want us to make them proud and keep going even if they can't be here for us physically."

Natalie just began to cry harder so I hugged her tighter and rubbed her back, whispering sweet nothings to her as I hated seeing my sister cry. "You're right" she said, her voice a lot hoarser from crying. "But I just want them here" she continued, crying once again.

I shushed her and moved her so she was sitting in my lap as I began to think of more ways to comfort her and make her happy.

"Hey bug" I say after a minute or two of silence "Yeah Y/n?" She questions, I take her smaller hand and place it on my heart. "You feel that?" I ask her, she nods a little as she feels the beating of my heart. "I do" she confirms. "As long as my heart is beating and your heart is beating then mum and dad are here, they'll always be here as long as we both are still alive and breathing." I explain, giving her a smile but only getting a small one in return.

"What happens when we die though?" She whispers "Well, when we die, we get to reunite with them again, and be a happy family again up in heaven." I tell her softly as she begins to calm down once more.

"I'm sorry for getting so emotional" Natalie sniffles, laughing slightly at the end "I just wish they were here." "I do too but we still have each other and always will. Now put down that picture and get ready. We aren't gonna sit here and be sad thinking of the old memories. We-" I stop to point between Natalie and I "-are gonna have a siblings day out and make more memories."

She lets out a squeal of happiness and jumps up and down "Really? We can have a siblings day out?" She asks excitedly, I nod with a chuckle "Yeah we can, get dressed and we'll go get breakfast somewhere and then we'll do whatever you want to do." She smiles and replies "Alright, can we go to IHOP?" "Of course we can little one, anything for my lil sis." I ruffle her hair before I leave her room, allowing her to get dressed for the day ahead.

I go to my own room and strip down to my boxers, deciding on wearing a plain white t-shirt and a grey leather jacket, a pair of black skinny jeans and some grey and black Supras. On top of it all I put on a white beanie with "Miami" wrote on it in black letters.

I looked at myself in the mirror, giving myself a nod of approval before I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth again since I'm a bit of clean freak.

I walked towards Natalie's and knocked on it, "Y/n/n you don't need to knock every time you wanna come into my room." She giggled which made me laugh too, "I won't knock next time then. I just like giving you your privacy though." I explain with a shrug as I walk into my little sister's room.

She was dressed in a pale pink sweater that was a little big on her, a pair of skinny jeans and some pink converse to match with her sweater. "Ready to go?" I question "Yeah, I'll race you to car." She yelled as she sprinted off down the stairs and out the front, I shook my head in amusement at her antics and walked downstairs, grabbing my wallet and car keys before locking the front door behind me.