Chapter 2

The bell rang for second and third periods but I didn't move. I sat where I was and changed my book I was studying from. The problem was I was already way ahead of the curriculum so I knew everything I needed to know for the entire year.

So instead I just began drawing, I let my mind take over and my pencil started moving freely. I didn't really notice what I was sketching all I knew was that it was a person.

When I was finished I looked at the now completed artwork. It was a drawing of Camila, of course it was. Just like always my mind was thinking about her subconsciously. A voice brought me out of my stare on the paper in front of me.

"Y/n" the familiar soft and raspy voice said and shivers went down my spine. I just looked at who was talking, Camila. Why was she here? I gestured for her to sit down in the empty chair which faced me. She compiled and sat down.

She just stared at me for a bit then looked at my drawing but I quickly flipped the page so she couldn't see I had drawn her. I didn't want to seem like some creep.

After a while she spoke "So this is where you disappear to huh?" She asks and I nod. "You really never talk do you?" She asks and I shake my head. "Why?" She asks, I sigh and look at the empty sheet of paper in front of me. I grab my pen and write a response. "I don't like talking to other people. If I try to be friendly that means I have to open up to them and I don't want people to know about my past." The paper read and I showed Camila it.

She gave me a sad look. "Why though? What happened to you that makes you refuse to talk to people?" She questions and I write another answer. "My past gave me trust issues. I can't trust anyone anymore." I confess and she frowns. "You can trust me." She says and I shake my head, she frowns more. "Please just give me a chance to prove that I can be trusted." She begs and I sigh. Should I?

I write my answer and she smiles. The paper said "Fine but I'm not speaking yet." "That's a start. At least you're letting me even talk to you." She says and I laugh a little, she has a shocked look on her face probably because thats the first time I've ever laughed in front of her. "Your laugh is really cute." She says and I laugh again. "Your really cute." I write and she blushes and mumbles a thanks.

The bell for lunch rang and she looked at me with hopeful eyes. "Join me?" She asks cutely and I shake my head. She gives me puppy dog eyes but I stay strong. I shake my head again. "Pwease" she says in a baby voice and I almost give in. I once again shake my head. She juts her bottom lip out slightly to form a pout and my resistance crumbles and I sigh. She smiles knowing she's won.

I grab my bag and follow her out of the library waving at Mrs. Roberts as I do. "So you are sitting with me and my friends at lunch ok" She says and I nod. "I'll speak for you if you want." She offers and I smile, I take my phone out and type an answer. "Sure, I'll show you my phone so you know what I want you to say." She nods her and we walk to the cafeteria together.

Once we get there I got a lot of stares from people probably because I'm sitting in the cafeteria for once and I'm with Camila Cabello. The girl everyone wants, well her and her group of friends.

Her friends notice us and I give them a smile while they give me confused looks. I laugh silently at them because if I was in their shoes I would do the same.

"Not to be rude but why is he here Mila?" Selena asks "I went to the library and talked to him for a bit and then asked him to sit with us at lunch, he agreed." Camila explains and all of their jaws drop. "He talked to you?" Ally asks and I shake my head and Camila giggles. "No he didn't actually speak to me. He wrote answers and things like that on paper or his phone." She explains and everyone nods, finally understanding.

"Mila I was wondering if you would go on a date with me?" Charlie asks after a while of small talk. Camila looks at him with a sad smile. "I'm sorry Charlie, you're a nice guy but you aren't my type and I have my eyes on someone else." She says and I smile. Yes! She turned him down.

Charlie just nodded sadly "It's cool I understand." He replies. That's when I noticed all of the girls and Austin were smirking at me. Why?

Shawn laughed at Charlie. "Hah I told you she doesn't like you. She likes me." He says and Austin and all of the girls except Camila laugh and shake their heads.

"So Mila since you obviously meant me when you said you like someone else will you go on a date with me?" Shawn asks cockily and Camila shakes her head and Shawn frowns.

"Shawn you aren't who I have eyes for plus I thought you were gay." She confesses and I smile while everyone else laughs and Shawn goes red. "I'm not gay." He mumbles and everyone except me laughs again.

Lunch ended shortly after and Camila somehow managed to convince me to go to class because we have all of the same classes. I was fine with it because I got to sit beside her.

Mr. Tucker, our history teacher, began to call the role. Eventually he got to my name. "Y/n Y/l/n" he says and was about to mark me absent but Camila spoke for me once I gave her a look.

"Y/n is here sir." She says and Mr Tucker looks at her before noticing me, his eyes widen a little. "My apologises" he says and I just shake my head as I understood why he would assume I wasn't here. After that class went by quickly as well as every other class.

We got to last class and it was free period so Camila and I 'talked'. "So Y/n what are you doing after school?" She asks "I'm going to the gym. I have a fight on Saturday so I have to work with my trainer." I write and she nods. "Maybe I can go." She says and I shrug.

"Can I get your number?" She asks me and I gulp while nodding, she smiles and takes my phone. She saves her number and texts herself so she can have mine as well. She gives me my phone back and the bell rings before she can speak again.

"I'll text you." Camila says before giving me a hug, I nod and she walks off and gives me a wave before getting in Normani's car and leaving. I got in mine and drove to the gym.

----------------------------------------------
I hope your liking this story so far, it's very fun to write and there's a lot of possibilities with it.

Leave me any ideas you have and if you want why not give me some feedback. I love all of your comments.

If we can get 5 comments and 10 votes I'll upload the next chapter.

Thanks for reading. -Mason