Chapter 4

Camila's POV:
I woke up at 6:30 and sighed. I got a shower and got dressed. Lauren was picking me up so I had a little bit of time to kill. I ate my breakfast while scrolling through tumblr and at 6:55 I heard a car horn beep.

I grabbed my bag and went outside knowing that it was Lauren. "Hey" I greet her "Hi" she replies. "Are we picking up Dinah today?" I ask "Nope, she's getting picked up by Normani. But we are way too early for school. Do you want to go to Starbucks?" She asks "Sounds like a plan." I reply and she drives to Starbucks.

We got there just after 7 and I got us seats while Lauren got our drinks. I noticed Austin and Becky were here. I gave them a small wave which they returned. I'm happy Austin and I are still friends, he isn't a bad guy.

Lauren returned shortly after with our drinks. "So what's up?" I ask because Lauren was kind of fidgety and I knew that meant she was nervous or she wanted to say something but didn't know how to.

"Oh I was wondering why you turned Shawn and Charlie down." She says and I sigh. "Lauren you know why." I say and she frowns "Just say it Camz." She prompts and I sigh once again. "Fine. It's because I have feelings for Y/n. Is that what you wanted to hear?" I ask and she nods while drinking her coffee.

"Dinah wants to set you guys up." She says and I almost choke. "Wait what?" I ask "Dinah, because she thinks she's the matchmaker, wants to get you guys together. Apparently she gets vibes from Y/n that he likes you too." She explains "There's no way he likes me too." I say and Lauren shakes her head.

"You are so fucking oblivious Camz." She says and I laugh a little because it's true. "How?" I ask with genuine curiosity. "You managed to talk to him without him ignoring you. You persuaded him to sit with us and to go to class. What else did you do?" She asks and I smile, maybe she's right.

"I got his number." I say happily and Lauren spits her coffee out and I start laughing so hard I began crying. People gave me dirty looks but I couldn't care because that was hilarious.

"You got the Y/n Y/l/n's number." She says slowly and I nod with a smile on my face, still recovering from my laughing fit. "He likes you Camz." She says simply and I smile wider. "Hopefully." I say and she nods. "He does, trust me." She replies "But he still won't talk to me." I say sadly "Give the guy time he'll talk to you." She says and gives me a comforting smile. I checked the time and noticed it was 7:25.

"Lauren it's almost 7:30 we should go now." I say and Lauren nods and we leave. As we approach Lauren's car she says "Also Shawn isn't giving up on you going on a date with him. Just a heads up." I frown, I don't like the guy as anything more than a friend. Can't he see that? I swear until yesterday I thought he was gay as well. I just groan in response to Lauren who laughs.

"Camz I'm sorry but you know how stubborn Shawn is." She says and I nod "I know it's just if I want anyone to ask me out it's Y/n. Not Shawn, I haven't been crushing on Shawn since I was 11." I explain and Lauren nods "You've had a crush on him since you first saw him haven't you?" She says and I smile "Yeah I have even though he was still just as mysterious, I've always liked him." I confess and Lauren smiles widely.

"You and Y/n would be so cute together." She gushes and I laugh "I wish we were together." I say "If it's Dinah trying to get you both together then whatever she is doing will succeed. Just wait." Lauren says and I laugh "Very true. Dinah's matchmaker plans always work. It is how Austin and I ended up dating." I say and it was true Austin and I kissed because Dinah wanted me to get my first kiss and Austin was the only guy in our friendship group who I was willing to let kiss me. So Dinah managed to get that to happen then well you know what happened afterwards.

We pulled up outside of school and Lauren parked in her usual parking space. I noticed Y/n's mustang was here and I smiled.

I grabbed Lauren's hand and we walked in holding hands. I can see why people thought we were together but we aren't. Lauren has been my best friend ever since I moved to Miami.

We walked to our lockers which were beside each other then went to home room. Y/n and I don't have homeroom together but Ally has homeroom with him.

Sadly I forgot I have homeroom with Shawn so as soon as I sat down beside Lauren and Dinah he walked over to me after ending his conversation with Haliee.

"Hey Camila" he greets me "Hi" I greet back quietly, not really wanting to talk to him. "You look hot today." He says and I almost roll my eyes.

If he wants even a chance he can't be like every other stupid fucking guy and say you look 'hot'. That annoys me more than anything, it's probably one of my biggest pet peeves.

"Thanks Shawn" I mumble. "Mila will you give me a chance? Please let me take you on a date." He begs "Look Shawn I'm sorry. I don't like you as more than a friend. You're like my brother, nothing more. I have eyes for another guy and have since I was 11." I say and he nods before walking off.

Our teacher, Ms Reynolds showed up and a while later homeroom was over.

----------------------------------------------
Here's chapter 4, thank you all so much for the support so far. It's insane.

Are you all enjoying this story? Let me know.

I'm not going to do a certain vote target this time, I'm just going to update tomorrow instead because I plan on updating another story today.

Leave me any ideas or feedback you have, I read all of your comments.

Thanks for reading. -Mason