2

There was a pause of about two minutes where all you could hear were muffled voices and an occasional thumping sound.

Gerard tapped his foot impatiently while standing outside of a door with a prominent four painted on it in a dark violet.

I took to looking at my feet while my hands were clasped behind my back, restraining myself from asking One a million questions.

Finally, a lock was clicked and the door opened. I looked up and made immediate eye contact with the blonde young man that answered. With the contact came a crippling headache. I collapsed to the floor with my head in my hands. "Jesus," the boy looked down at me. "What's up with him?"

"Oh," Gerard shrugged easily. "Just gaining a few powers. Also, I can see Five in there. Your light bending doesn't work on me, Mikey." Gerard winked at his little brother before grabbing my hand and helping me up. Suddenly, behind Mikey materialized another boy and yet another head ache took over me.

"Oh my fu..." I felt like I was going to pass out from the pain that was engulfing me. I collapsed again, my knees beginning to hurt from the impact. "Ger..."

Gerard smirked down at me, "Great."

"What the hell is going on?" The boy behind Mikey asked.

Gerard helped me up again and It mind suddenly started to clear, but my vision was strange. In the corner of my eye was something like movie screen divided into hundreds of separate screens. Every time I did something, one screen would glow and then all of them would change to a different scene.

"Four and Five, meet Eleven," Gerard crossed his arms and smirked.

~

The screens in the corner of my eyes that came into focus if I took notice of them long enough distracted me as One, Four, and Five, talked about me. I tried to ignore the way Gerard talked about me as if I were more powerful than all of them, because I doubted it and I didn't want to let them down.

"So, Eleven. Do you really have all of our powers right now?" Five asked. I shrugged in response.

"I don't really know. How do I tell? Sorry, but Four and Two were really the only ones I payed attention to before this..." and speaking of Four, his presence was causing me several heart attacks. I hated to admit it, but I always kind of fangirled over him. I mean, how could you not? Flight and force fields and light bending: how cold you even get more cool than that?

Five raised his eyebrows. "And how is Gerard taking that? I know how he likes his spotlight," a smile grew on Five's face and he started bouncing up and down. "Oh my god, I cannot wait to rub that in Brendon's face," he turned to Four. "Mikes, can you imagine his reaction? It'll be priceless. Especially because of how much he hates Two. Oh my god, I can practically taste the drama."

Suddenly, Five was behind me. I vaguely remembered the fact that he could teleport. "Eleven, or whatever your name is, you are a god sent. I'll be back in a sec." Five disappeared from the room and I swear I heard cricket noises, probably thanks to Gerard and his stupidly cool nature powers.

I remembered that I also had nature powers, and that boggled my mind. Wait. If I mimicked powers, does that mean...

I suddenly jumped up. "Oh my god!"

I lifted a foot off the ground tentatively, and then the other. "Holy fucking shit, I can fly do you know how cool that is. I swear, Four is like, the best."

Mikey's eyes widened. "Wow, I'm usually not favored. Also, it's so weird not being the only one..." He slowly started to hover with me. "So you can also do forcefields and light bending...?"