Epilogue

Waiting for their interview on Ellen, Lauren was flipping through the channels of the television in their waiting room. She was done getting ready, along with Camila. The other three needed extra time for their hair, as usual.

While waiting for the commercial to end, Lauren played with the ends of her long, black hair. Not that she changed for anyone else, but she finally grew out her hair and dyed it again.

Zayn said she looked even scarier, which implied she was scary on a regular basis. That conversation didn't go all too well, but it ended with a home cooked meal by chef Malik.

Anyway, it helped with the role she was given as Zatanna Katara, a guest character on Legends of Tomorrow.

Needless to say, Zayn provided her with the most help and support. She wasn't a comic book buff (but she did dabble into the universe). Fortunately, he was. She did so well with her character, the writers and directors were finding ways to squeeze her into the upcoming season.

Coincidentally, Ellen came on after the short break. Of course, it was Zayn's episode.

Her eyes focused on the plasma screen, her lips instinctively sloping into a bright grin.

Ellen was reading a excerpt from Zayn's new book. "PR relationships revolve the entertainment world more than one would think. It all begins when your publicist says, 'I have somebody I want you to meet.' For several of my relationships, that was the case. And I can assure you, for many others, too. But one differed from the rest."

Since its release a few weeks ago, it was the talk of the town. The bit Ellen was reading aloud was from the most popular chapter. It was heavily exploited by numerous articles everyday since the novel hit the bookshelves nation and worldwide.

"Nobody introduced Lauren and I. We first met on X-Factor and years later at a bar. If you saw the articles from a few years ago, you can say we hit it off pretty well." The cheeky input caused a laugh to erupt through the audience, Ellen included. "Our managements were bloody pissed off at us. I was scared of backlash, so I offered her a relationship."

Flashbacks of that fateful night and morning flooded Lauren. She was overwhelmed with nostalgia. They came so far from what could have been a one time thing. Instead, it blossomed into something wonderful.

"However, she gave me so much more in return."

Funny how fate intervenes at just the right time, disguising itself as a coincidence.

"Lo, don't your cheeks hurt from smiling too much," Camila teased, poking Lauren's cheek to simply provide some annoyance.

The rest of the girls giggled from the make-up chairs.

Dinah cupped her jaw, faking a pained expression. "I think I got a cavity. You're disgustingly sweet."

"Pretty sure you're just unhy-"

"Do not even complete that sentence, Normani Kordei," Dinah glared, sending Normani into a cute fit of giggles.

"Y'all, let's not kill one another before the show," Ally reasoned, being the rational one in the group for the majority of the time.

Lauren smacked Camila's hand away, trying to kill her smile by sucking in her cheeks. It didn't work.

"Almost two years and you still get hella giddy," Camila commented, enveloped with happiness regarding her friend and her relationship. "I wish somebody can make me as happy as food does."

"Girl, you only like bananas," Normani corrected, remembering their lunch date and Camila going straight for the generic options.

"I know, but it sounds nasty if I say that."