O4

"I confirmed no hot nights!" Lauren fumed when she read the heading of the article from Camila's phone.

The latter was very amused, snorting as she read the exclusive. "Well, according to Lisa McKenzie, 'Those hot pictures are only an idea of how hot and steamy their nights are, as impishly quoted by Lauren.'" Camila read aloud for all to hear as they were being transported to the airport to head back to the States.

"I quoted nothing!" The former complained, sinking in her seat beside Normani who gave Lauren a comforting pat on the head. "She twisted my words... Now everybody is going to think we're fuc-"

"But you kind of are..." Dinah pointed out from the other side of Normani. "I mean, you did do the deed. And since everybody thinks you're together, of course they'll think you're sexually active."

Camila tucked away her phone and remained turned around, along with Ally, to give Lauren a supportive squeeze on her knee. "But was it hot, though?"

"Mila!" Normani and Ally reprimanded the younger girl, throwing her an incredulous stare before shifting their gaze over to Lauren who fell silent—cheeks red.

"Oh my God, it was!" Dinah exclaimed, hollering with laughter as Ally tried to hush her down.

"Pay them no mind, Lo," Normani began, wrapping an arm around Lauren's shoulders and nestling her against her side. "The most important thing right now is how you and Zayn plan to keep up this act."

"Well, we're both really private people. So, we don't really need to have a mask on 24/7. Plus, he's all the way here, in London, and we're all the way in America, so..." Lauren explained what she and Zayn talked about before and after their interview.

"I honestly don't see why you have to put up this front, though," Dinah stated her opinion. "I can see how this will tarnish our image less, but I don't want you to be stressed out."

As friends and groupmates, they were all worried for Lauren's well-being. They know she's prone to panic attacks and they don't want their friend to go through something so farfetched and cause her to breakdown. They didn't want her to be so pressured by the image she and Zayn agreed on for the sole purpose of keeping their whole image less provocative.

"Are you sure you're okay with everything, Lo?" Ally asked, breaking the moment of silence that fell on them as they considered Dinah's words.

It took a while, but Lauren finally nodded. "Yeah, I'm okay. You guys don't have to worry. This whole thing will blow over soon." She tried to come off confident, but her voice seemed to shrink as she spoke more.

The rest realized and simply casted her a supportive smile because that was all she really wanted and needed at the moment.

--

"I hope you do know what you're getting yourself into, mate," Liam sighed from the other end of the line.

After reading several reports, he decided to call Zayn and confront him about the entire ordeal. Being best friends, despite the latter's departure from their group, he confided. Soon, the other three knew, too. Harry thought the idea was brilliant. Niall eventually jumped on the bandwagon of Zauren. Louis and Liam, on the other hand, were more precarious.

"Don't worry about me. I can handle this," Zayn tried to sound reassuring, but he knew Liam saw through the act.

Despite two of his longest relationships being broadcasted for the world to see, he still wasn't comfortable or used to the fact of having his relationship in the spotlight. Even if this one was fake.

"Are you absolutely sure this is okay with Lauren? No offence, she has more at stake here."

Zayn groaned because he heard that a million times before. If it wasn't for her career, he wouldn't be putting on this facade. The last thing he wanted was for Lauren to suffer because of his poor judgement. Yes, everything was consensual, but he could have handled it better. He could have prohibited it from happening. He truly felt at fault for dragging her into the whirlwind that is his life. Lauren was a sweet girl and he didn't want her subjected because of his actions.

"Yes, I'm sure."

Since he was younger, being the only son out of four kids, he knew how to treat a woman—in all honesty. That's why he was going to protect Lauren, no matter how convoluted everything was.