11

To say the ice cream date didn't blow up on social media would be a blatant lie. They were interrupted by fans halfway through, so, they prepared themselves for the verdict of the masses. Surprisingly, most feedback was decent. Lauren was dismayed, but she didn't dwell too much of her time online for the words to do a 360 and kick her in the arse.

Arse? Yeah, she was picking up British terms.

They were hanging out again before she embarks on Fifth Harmony's South American tour. It'd be a full month since they'll see each other again and Zayn insisted on making the most of the days to come.

"You didn't have to come to rehearsals, y'know," Lauren commented when they entered the studio filled with mirrors that served as walls.

She didn't understand why he was so determined on their little game but complaining would get her nowhere and she didn't want to offend him. After all, he was generous enough to treat her kindly.

"I have time to spare before a meeting, anyway," Zayn coolly replied, looking around the room and waving when he saw the rest of Fifth Harmony seated on the couches.

He took Lauren out for breakfast that morning. They went to i-Hop. A favourite place of his and once there he found out it was also one of hers. They were both very animated when talking about their favourite dish: breakfast sausages with pancakes and eggs. The similarity was funny.

The dance instructor stepped in, clapping his hands loudly. "Okay, ladies, All in my Head! We'll do a quick run through before I nitpick."

Chuckling, the girls got into position and the music started. Zayn stood by the instructor, Sean, after introducing himself. He bobbed his head to the reggae vibe and even sang along to Dinah during her opening chorus. He tried to look at them as a whole, but he found it rather difficult when his eyes kept wandering off to Lauren.

He bit his lip. Damn, she was a good dancer. Not that he was talented enough to critique somebody else, but in his eyes, she was good.

His breath hitched when her part came up. He didn't know if it was accidental or on purpose, but she stared him down when she mouthed to her lyrics. Her electric green eyes bore into his timid hazel ones.

I wanna feel you un- feel you under my body

Zayn didn't even notice he stopped breathing entirely until his chest hurt from the lack of oxygen. He was like that for the majority of the chorus led by Dinah and Normani. It only got worse when they were all on the floor as Camila sang her verse.

He gulped, scared of what to expect.

Dimming the lights just so that they don't blind us
So tongue and cheek when we're laying on roses
But you're touching my skin and it's leavin' me hopeless

With a hand covering the lower half of his face, Zayn died. Figuratively speaking. But he was dead—deceased. His body was immobile, obviously stunned while his soul fluttered above his body. Who allowed them to do such a thing? Last time he checked, murder's illegal.

Yet, Lauren killed him.

The way she moved to the rhythm, the way her curves swayed to the beat, and not to be inconsiderate or objectifying, but her small thrusts and rolls on the floor made his pants a bit tighter. Even though she was only in black leggings, a the 1975 shirt and her dark brown hair tied in a messy ponytail with a few strands framing her pretty visage, she was captivating.

Zayn didn't know how long he was staring but when he returned to reality, Lauren's grey-green eyes were burning through him.

"Are you okay?" She wondered as she took a swig from her water bottle. He was frozen stiff.