1O

"I heard from a little bird, named Twitter, that our dear brother-in-law is having an interview today," Camila stated as if none of the other four girls knew, "I wonder if he'll mention his sisters-in-laws." She was flipping through channels, making the most of their day off.

Lauren was seated on the loveseat with Ally and just like Normani and Dinah on either side of Camila, they were all eager for her to choose a show already. They've been attempting to find something to watch for an eternity, as Lauren estimated, but it was only two minutes.

"Pretty sure he'll mention Lo and her obsessive little friend somewhere, sure," Dinah chirped, finding her own sentiment very amusing. So, she didn't fail to snort with laughter.

"I'm actually very flattered to be known as the 'obsessive little friend', Dinah Jane," Camila retorted without a hint of shame in her tone. Actually, she was quite proud.

The three older members just rolled their eyes at the duo.

But before bickering could arise, Ally piped up, "Maybe we should just watch a movie? There has to be something on Netflix." She threw Camila a hopeful look that asked her to switch over to Netflix, but that honestly could result in more minutes wasted on arguing over what to watch.

And just as the endless suggestions of movies and shows began, Lauren received a text notification and the whole living room fell eerily silent, everyone's heads turning to her. She looked at them through her lashes, mildly grimacing.

"That's creepy," she commented as she got up to answer the message away from prying eyes.

Zayn: question.

Lauren: OMG. Is it wrong to assume you were about to sing to Independent Woman?

Zayn: tell me what you think about me... But really, I have something to ask.

Lauren: Bravo! 👏 😂 Ok, shoot.

Zayn: What is your favourite ice cream flavour and pls do not tell me it's something hella complicated like cookies n' cream with a pinch more cookies than cream...

Lauren: LMAO. Ok, I won't tell you, then...

Zayn: Lo...

Lauren: Zaddy-

Zayn: istg...

Lauren: Vanilla. :)

Zayn: Yup, you definitely are what you eat.

Lauren: goodbye.

"That went from 100 to 0 real quick," Normani commented as she took a sip from her mug—coffee. Lauren didn't even notice her enter the kitchen she retreated into.

"What do you mean?" she arched a brow, unsure to what her friend was spouting.

On the other hand, Normani just gingerly laughed and placed a hand on Lauren's shoulder. "Oh, silly little Lolo." Then, she was out of the kitchen as quickly as she sneaked in.

If only Lauren could have seen the smile on her own face disappear within a nanosecond during her conversation with Zayn. She scrunched her nose, but decided not to ponder and rejoined her friends in the living room.

A few minutes into 'the Good Dinosaur' the movie Ally chose since she won their rock-paper-scissors battle, there was a knock on their door. Everyone looked at one another to see who'd volunteer to answer, but Lauren got up being the closet one and was pleasantly surprised to see Zayn at the door, handsome as hell in a leather jacket and dark, almost opaque, sunglasses. Not to mention that dazzling smile, too.