Chapter 29 - Did She Just Say My Name

Song for this chapter: The climb by Miley Cyrus

Kate's P.O.V

I'm really happy with how my life is now. A couple months ago I was lonely and now i'm not. I have an amazing daughter and a foster son. I couldn't ask for anything else. Ayla has being doing alot of drawing lately and i've been thinking that I should enter her into the art contest being held next weekend.

She's amazing at drawing. She thinks she's just okay but everyone told me that she's really great at it. She applied for Yale university and i'm positive that she'll get in. She is truly talented. Her dream is to become a great artist one day. Her role model is Leonardo da Vinci. I am going to do everything I can to make her dream come true.

I'm going to talk to her about the arts contest and see what she thinks. It's Sunday so she's probably in her arts gallery room right now.

When I got there she was listening music and drawing without a care in the world. Just watching her so carefree puts my mind at ease. Then I decided to interrupt her. So I turned off the music.

"Hey honey I need to talk to you", I said looking at her.

"Okay. What's up?" She asked still drawing.

"You're really amazing at drawing so I was thinking that you should enter into the arts contest next weekend", I said casually.

She looked really shocked and happy at the same time.

"Really? You think that I have a good chance of entering?" She asked.

"Yea of course baby. I know you can win too", I said cheerfully.

"You have alot of confidence in me", she said smiling.

"Because I believe in you and I know you can do it. Believe me baby", I said smiling at her.

Then she got up and came to me.

"Okay then enter me in. And thanks for believing in me when I don't", she said looking at me then she hug me so I hug her back.

"Stop thanking me it's my duty. And you're great. I'm so happy you agreed", I said enthusiastically.

"Why y'all so happy?" I look to the door and saw Tyrell there looking at us.

"I'm gonna enter Ayla into an arts contest being held next weekend", I said smiling at him.

"Really? That's awesome!" He said smiling.

"Yup", Ayla said. "Now imma start practicing".

Tyrell and I looked at her like she's crazy.

"What?" She said looking at both of us.

"You've being drawing all morning and this room is filled with drawings. You don't think that's enough drawing?" Tyrell said.

"Nope. I need to draw alot more", she said.

We just laughed and left her to it.

¤

Ayla's P.O.V

I've been practicing all week for the contest and I think i'm ready. Mom, Tyrell, my friends and Adrian said i'm ready but I don't know. Mom entered me in and I got in. It's now Saturday the day of the contest and I am very nervous. Everyone tried to comfort me but i'm still nervous.

I'm at the art show behind the stage waiting for the contest to start. Over a hundred teens have entered but only ten got through. I'm so lucky to be in that ten. Just then mom came.