Chapter 13 - You're My Best Friend

Ayla's P.O.V

Yesterday was such an interesting day. I can't believe I hang out with Ms Hayles but whats more surprising is the fact that I told her the truth about myself. Nobody knows the truth about my life except her. Yesterday when I saw her at the mountain climbing range walking towards me I was happy at first because I never thought I'd see her again but then I remember who she was and wonder why would she still want to talk to me.

She started asking all these question that I was trying to avoid but I couldn't lie to her. And then she said she wanted to talk to me so I said yes because I didn't want to be rude. Then she took me to the most expensive pastry shop. I couldn't afford buying pastry from a shop like that in like a million years.

I didn't know how to act around her because I've never being around such influential people. But she started talking about herself and I realize she's not like other rich people. That got me comfortable to talk to her and so when she started asking about my life I didn't have a problem telling her.

She was so nice to me about it and her face turned red with anger when I told her I lived alone and I don't know where my father or brother is but she quickly calmed herself. The way she spoke to me was so amazing. I never thought anyone could be so nice, well except Becca.

Then we went to the movies and grab a bite to eat after. I had the best day ever yesterday. And it's all thanks to Ms Hayles.

I'm at work now on my lunch break eating when Becca came and sit beside me with her lunch.

"You look deep in thought, come on tell me what you're thinking about",  she said sipping her juice.

I really wanted to tell her about yesterday. She's gonna be so excited.

"I hung out with Ms Hayles yesterday", I said smiling.

"NO WAY! Really?" She asked excitedly.

"Yep", I said popping the p.

"OMG tell me everything! Don't leave out anything!"

So I told her everything. From where we met to when we separated. She was smiling while I was telling her then her expression changed to sadness.

"Wait...you told her about your life and you never told me? And what do you mean by you told her you real age?" She asked looking at me confused.

Uh oh. I totally forgot that I didn't tell her the truth about my life. I'ma have to tell her the truth now. But she's my friend, my only friend, so she deserves to know.

"Uh...i'm sorry Becca but I lied to you and Mrs Sullivan. I'm not 18, i'm 16", I said.

"OMG you lied about your age? Do you know if Mrs Sullivan finds out she'll fire you?", she said fuming with rage.

"Calm down Becca, I know. Please don't tell her", I said.

"It's fine. I won't. Plus I always thought you look too young to be 18 but I kept it to myself", She shrugged. I looked at her surprised.

"Anyways that's what friends are for. And friends don't lie to each other. You know about my life and family so it's your time to tell me about yours", She said defiantly.

Ugh. I've got to tell her but I don't care i'm sick of lying to her anyway. So I told her everything about myself. Even more than I told Ms Hayles. All through it she cried and hug me with sad eyes. So i'm positive that this girl is an amazing friend.

"I can't believe you went through all that and you're so strong. I admire you Ayla. You're an amazing girl". She said holding my hand. So I smiled at her.

"You know, your my only friend. About a year ago, I found out that my so-called friends were only acting like they like me because of a stupid bet. So I stopped talking to them and never got another friend again because I was scared they'd do the same thing. But that day when I saw you working here and you were sad and kept to yourself, something told me to talk to you so I did. And i'm happy that I did", She said still holding my hand and smiling.

"I'm glad you did too. I've never had a friend before. You're my first friend and i'm happy to have you. I'm sorry about what happened with your past friends", I said squeezing her hand.

"You're my best friend Ayla Holmes". She said smiling.

"And you're my best friend Becca Storm", I said. I really mean that.

¤

Question: What do you think about what Becca's ex-friends did to her?

xoxo