Chapter 16 - Decision

Kate's P.O.V

It's Saturday and i'm at Emma's house. I wanted to talk to her about last night so I came to her house. She lives five houses from me. Her husband and son has left to go watch a football match. I was sitting in the living room waiting for her to come down she was getting dressed. Then I heard her coming into the room.

"Hey. Are you ok?" She asked.

"Yea i'm fine", I said.

"So what's on your mind? You look worried", She said sitting down beside me.

"Remember I was telling you about the girl I met at the park? Ayla." I asked.

She nod.

"Well we met for dinner last night and I told her that I want to adopt her".

"You what? Do you even know this girl?" She asked furiously.

"Calm down, let me explain", I pleaded.

"Fine. Explain", She said calmly.

So I explain everything from when we met to last night and the way I feel about Ayla. And her furious expression changed.

"I understand. But I can't believe your just telling me about this. You make such a big step and didn't include me. I'm hurt", She said sadly.

"Em i'm sorry. I hope you understand why I want this. I feel strongly about it. I feel like it's the right thing to do and it's what I want. I want her to be my daughter. I feel a connection with her that i've never felt before", I said.

"It's okay Kate and I understand what you're saying. I know you and I can see it in your eyes that you really like this girl. What did you say her name was?"

"Ayla Holmes".

"Beautiful name", she said smiling.

"Yea that's what I thought too when I first met her", I said smiling.

"I can't wait to meet her. Tell me about her", she said excitedly.

I told her about Ayla and she seems to like what i'm saying. I want my best friend to support me with this step that i'm taking. All that's left now is for Ayla to say yes.

¤

Three days later....

Ayla's P.O.V

I've being thinking about what Ms Hayles said to me for five days now and I finally made up my mind. It's now Wednesday which is my day-off from work and i'm at home drawing a picture of Ms Wilson. I finished my drawing then hold it up to get a good look at it. It look exactly like her. I put up the drawing and my scrapbook then I curl up on the couch.

Ms Hayles said she wanted what's best for me and I also want what's best for myself. And she's right I can't keep living like this. I don't even have a plan. I don't know what my next step in life will be. Her words held meaning to me and her eyes held honesty.

Now it's time to let her know what my decision is. So I phoned her.

"Hello Ayla. How are you?" She asked in a sweet friendly voice.

"Hi Ms Hayles, i'm okay. I was wondering if we could meet. I'm not working today. But i'll understand if you're busy", I said.

"No i'm not busy, we can meet. Where shall we meet?" She asked.

"Uh...how about at the park? Is that okay with you?" I asked.

"Yea sure", she answered.

"Okay. Meet me there in an hour. I'll be at the seat where we first met", I said smiling to myself.