Chapter 21 - Recovered

Song for this chapter: Conquerer by Estelle

Ayla's P.O.V

I was in a dark place and I could hear voices. I could also hear beeping sounds and a thumping sound as well. Then I realized my eyes was closed. So I tried to open them and after a few attempts they opened. The view in front of me was blurry so I blinked my eyes a few times then the view became clearer.

There was a woman with brown hair talking to a man in a white long coat. He looked like a doctor then I realized i'm in a hospital. Hospital? What am I doing here? Stupid question. Something happened to me.

Just then the woman turn to look at me and there was a big smile on her face and she started crying while I just looked at her.

"Ayla? OMG she's awake!" She squealed.

She seem very excited to see me but her face seems familiar. Then I remembered this lady. Ms Hayles.

"Ms Hayles?" I asked softly.

"Yes honey it's me. I'm so glad you're awake", She said excitedly.

"How are you feeling Ayla?" The doctor asked.

"Awful and thirsty", I replied. Then he gave me some water to drink. And I felt much better after.

"Where are you feeling the pains?" He asked.

"Uh...my head, face, stomach and hands" I answered.

"Doctor when will the meds start working? She's in so much pain", Ms Hayles asked anxiously.

"Very soon Ms Hayles. Now that she's awaken it'll work faster", He answered.

"What happened to me?" I asked looking at them both.

"You don't remember sweetie?" Ms Hayles asked.

"Uh...".

I started having flashbacks of a function, three girls and me running away. Then I remember being beaten by a man yelling 'money'.

"What's wrong?" Ms Hayles asked worriedly.

"Are you feeling any new pain?" The doctor asked.

"No. I remember what happened now", I said calmly.

"What happened then? How did you get all these bruises?" Ms Hayles asked.

I told them everything. From what happened at the function to me getting beaten up. After that the doctor left.

"Ayla, I am so sorry about what happened. It's all my fault. I shouldn't have let you go off alone. I am a bad mother. Please forgive me" she said crying. She looked like she's been crying alot lately.

"There's nothing to forgive Ms Hayles. It's not your fault so stop blaming yourself. And you are not a bad mother. It's like my real mother use to say 'everything happens for a reason'. So stop crying, i'll be okay", I assured her and she smiled.

"Okay. But imma make it up to you though, I promise. I missed you so much. I thought I lost you", she said.

"I'm sorry for running away", I said quietly.

"It's okay. I love you Ayla", she said smiling at me.

I was literally shocked and happy at the same time. My mother was right, she does love me. I never thought i'd hear these three words so passionately from anyone.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yes really. You're everything to me", she said holding my right hand and I smiled.

"Ayla, I noticed that you have a scar on your left side and it didn't come from that guy beating you. It seemed to happen a while now. How did that happen?" The doctor asked curiously.