Dinner turns out to be relatively quiet. Stevie made a grilled mushroom risotto which tastes so good, Ally almost has to stifle a groan with every mouthful. When they're done, Ally quickly clears their plates away, deciding that loading the dishwasher can wait until later. As can dessert, because Ally is far more interested in other things now the main course is out of the way.

She came prepared, and in the bag with dessert is also one of those bows with a sticky bottom that you press on top of gifts. It doesn't really stick to the top of her head, which is probably a good thing, anyway, but it does stay put.

"I know we agreed no big presents, but I think you'll like this," she calls from the doorway.

She's aware she's being ridiculous, and can't help the slight blush colouring her cheeks, but when Stevie looks up and Ally can tell she's biting her lip to stifle a laugh, it's completely worth it.

"You've been watching too many cheesy romantic comedies with Shannon and Cammie again, haven't you?"

Ally tries to huff, but can't quite manage it when Stevie rises from the sofa to pluck the bow out of her hair and press a kiss to her lips.

One kiss leads into another, and Ally's hands wind upwards, stroking through Stevie's hair, pressing softly into the nape of her neck, kneading there until Steviei sighs against her mouth and Ally pulls back slowly, breathing out the word, "bedroom." It comes out more like a question, but she doesn't give Stevie a chance to respond before intertwining their fingers and leading them quickly through the apartment.

Ally undresses her slowly. She's never known anyone who takes so much pleasure in just the simple act of taking clothes off, but by the time she's naked, by the time Stevie's kissed and stroked, applied teeth and tongue and fingertips to what feels like every single centimetre of her skin, Ally feels like she's ready to explode. Or die.

She's wet and aching, her body trembling in anticipation, but Stevie eases her back onto the bed, then stands back to undress herself. She's almost as slow with her own clothes, performing a striptease that Ally greedily drinks in.

And when Stevie stripped off the last item of her clothing, when they're both finally naked and Stevie lowers herself down gently to rest against Ally, she knows the waiting was worth every second.

"God," she murmurs. Stevie's body is pressed against hers in all the right places, and she groans at how good it feels, and then louder when Stevie's thigh slips between her own and presses up. She can't help but rock against it, painting the abundant evidence of her arousal over Stevie smooth skin. "You feel so good."

"So do you." Stevie's voice is low, gravelly, and the sound of it sends shivers spreading over Ally's body and coming to rest between her legs. Fingers drag a path upwards over Ally's skin, from mid-thigh until they're stoking over her left breast, and aAlly stutters out a breath as they close over an already straining nipple.

Stevie stares down at her, eyes dark with promise, and Ally shudders, then cries out when a mouth replaces fingers, teeth scraping lightly over sensitive skin.

Their eyes remain locked as Stevie's fingers skirt downwards again, smoothing over Ally's stomach briefly before pressing between her legs.

There are times when Stevie fucks her so slowly Ally becomes almost delirious from it. She spends what feels like hours touching Ally everywhere except those places Ally needs her touch, winding Ally tighter and tighter until the slightest brush of fingertips against her clit is enough to send her body shooting into oblivion. Ally always, always begs, the desperation colouring her voice, and her body bucking up into Stevie's touch. When she finally comes, loudly, violently, sobbing Stevie's name, Stevie cries out too, comes with the briefest press of her own hand between her thighs. The first time it had happened, afterwards, laughing breathlessly in the wake of her orgasm, Stevie had admitted it was the begging that sent her crazy, that Ally sounding so desperate, so out of control, was more than enough to fuel her own orgasm.

So, Ally knows Stevie loves it when she begs, and even more when she can't quite form the words, she knows, even as her hips jump and she murmurs Stevie's name, what, exactly, is Stevie waiting for.

It doesn't take long. Stevie's fingers stroke maddeningly through her arousal, tease against her entrance and Ally is done. She's been thinking about this all day: Stevie's mouth on her body, fingers inside her, making her cry out, making her come.

"Please... I can't...Lady" Stevie presses inside, curls, and Ally''s  eyes roll back. "Oh God."

"Good?" Stevie presses kisses hot against Ally's chest, drives her fingers deeper.

"More."

She's wet enough that a third finger seems to slide in easy, and she can't do anything but groan, then louder when Stevie's thigh presses up behind her hand, lending the whole of her body weight to each thrust.

Ally can feel Stevie's arousal now, slick and hot against her own thigh, and she reaches out, fingers slipping through the gathered wetness before pressing against Stevie's clit. She might be able to get herself off like this, rocking urgently against Stevie's body, but Allys wants—needs—to feel her.

She can't do much, though, but draw sloppy patterns over Stevie's clit, can't focus on anything but the push of Stevie fingers inside her, dragging out her pleasure until it feels like she might die from it.

She babbles Stevie's name, then oh, please, again and again.Stevie shudders on top of her, presses hard against Ally's fingers, and angles her own hand so her palm's brushing over Ally's clit, barely, but it's enough, and Ally's body strains upwards, frantic in the final seconds, before she's coming hard and fast and only distantly aware of Stevie bearing down against her and crying out as she comes too.

Ally head is resting against Stevie's shoulder, and she's enjoying the feeling of fingers stroking lazily through her hair. She's almost drifted off to sleep when Stevie's voice breaks the easy silence that's enveloped them.

"What did you bring for dessert?"

Her mind jumps to the bag still sitting on the countertop in the kitchen, and the tub of Ben & Jerry's inside. "Um..." She looks up sheepishly at Stevie's face. "Ice cream."

"And you didn't think to put it in the freezer?"

"Hey!" Ally rolls over and pokes Stevie in her side, which just makes her laugh and wriggle away. "No fair blaming me, it would have been fine if we'd eaten it straight after dinner."

"You were the one who got distracted, Pinguin. If you'd have waited to give me my present..."

Ally kisses Stevie then, and it's completely terrible, because she can't stop grinning the entire time, but she really doesn't care at all. Stevie doesn't care, either, if the enthusiastic way she kisses back is any indication.

It's been a year, and though it's sometimes hard to believe, Ally wouldn't change a single second.