A Year (Smut)

It's hard for Ally to believe she's been with Stevie for a full year. She feels like she's changed so much in that time, grown up a whole lot while trying to get by on her own in LA. Of course she's had Danny and Courtney by her side for most of it, but they hardly count as adult influences. And Stevie... somehow in the last year, Stevie grown with her. 

Neither of them can exactly afford any flashy romantic gestures. That's not to say they don't appreciate the smaller things, like how Stevie will stop by the Burger takeout place that's a few blocks out of her way home, because Ally likes the food from there better than the place that's literally three doors down from the Apartment. In turn, Ally sometimes surprises her with breakfast from her favourite coffee shop.

So. There's plenty of the smaller stuff, the little things that make Ally fall more in love with Stevie every single day, but big things... Really, Ally doesn't need an expensive anniversary present and dinner in a restaurant .

Of course it doesn't mean they're planning to do nothing at all for their anniversary.

She slips in unnoticed through the door to their apartment and drops her coat and bag to one side, kicking off her shoes after. Still holding onto the bottle of wine and paper bag containing dessert, Ally makes her way through to the kitchen, where she finds Stevie chopping up salad with amount of skill.

Ally waits until the tomato has been thoroughly sliced before saying hello—the last time she'd walked in on Stevie wielding a kitchen knife had almost ended in fingers being sliced off and a trip to the emergency room is really not how she wants to spend her evening.

At Ally's greeting, Stevie looks up from her task, the concentration on her face immediately transforming into a wide smile. "Hi, Pinguin."

It's taken Ally a while to get used to Stevie calling her Pinguin.

Ally leans in for a kiss before setting her things down on the counter. "You need any help?"

Stevie mouth twists into a smirk and she shakes her head. "I know better by now," she says, and Ally immediately rolls her eyes, because she's never going to be able to live down the complete disaster that was her only attempt to cook for Stevie. "You can open the wine, though. And set the table."

As she goes about her assigned jobs, Ally can't help but think over the last year.

She's grown with Stevie, too, though, in different ways. It is different and Stevie is so unlike Torey in every way, that comparing them isn't even fair. Not that it's really fair to compare anyway, which Ally knows. She loved Torey but she's in love with Stevie. Stupidly, ridiculously in love with Sassibob if the way she lets herself be ordered around is any indication.

She finishes with the table, then heads back into the kitchen to grab a couple of wine glasses from the cabinet to Stevie left. The room's pretty small, but it's not in any way small enough to excuse how she presses up against Stevie's back as she reaches up for the glasses.

Stevie laughs softly. "Smooth, Pretty. Really."

"How long until food?"

"Not long enough." Stevie swats at Ally's wandering hand, but it's obviously a token protest, because she's leaning back into Ally's body, and twisting her head so their lips can meet in a slow, lingering kiss.

Ally grins lazily when they part, taking in Stevie's flushed face and heightened breathing. "Are you sure about that?"

"Patience is a virtue. Go pour the wine." Immediately, Stevie's back to all business, reaching for another tomato and slicing deftly through it. Ally can't help but give an exaggeratedly aggrieved sigh as she takes the glasses and wine through to the table in the other room. She's pretty sure she can hear Stevie rolling her eyes behind her.