"Vic, I don't want Devin thinking its okay to let people force you to think the way they do."

"Force? Who's forcing him?"

"Rick-"

"Rick didn't do anything. Okay, I'll admit, Rick was a little pushy in the beginning, but who's the one who caved into the affection?" Vic asked none-too-kindly. My dad flushed.

"I just came over here to tell you to not let Devin come over anymore, and to keep Rick away from him. Rick needs to find someone his own age, and type-"

"Own type," Vic echoed, pushing off the counter and daring to put both his hands on his hips, "What's his own type, Mr. Carter? Enlighten me so that I can inform Rick when I tell him he can't see Devin ever again and crush the only reason he's taking those sessions, or have you failed to pay attention to that fact?"

"That's not what I meant," My dad rushed in sternly, "I simply meant that Devin's just not meant to be with him, all right? I don't want to offend you or anything, but Devin is still lives under my rules and my rules state that he really shouldn't be getting involved in this sort of stuff right now-"

"What sort of stuff?"

"Just-Just dating in general. I'm not being racist or anything-"

"So gay is a race now?"

"Oh god." My dad smacked a hand to his forehead, rubbing at his temple. He seemed to be trying to think of something else to say, but Vic kept hitting him right and left. I had to resist the urge to laugh out loud, seeing my dad all flustered like that. He was normally the freakiest guy in the world.

I mean, come on. He was almost six and a half feet tall with enough muscles to make John Cena look bad. Let's not forget his eyes were like icicles whenever he glared at you and he was a wonder at the whole intimidation thing, but apparently Vic had dealt with his fair share of intolerant bastards because he was on a roll.

"I'm not trying to make you uncomfortable, Ace," Vic said calmly, dropping his arms to fold over his chest, "I'm just curious as to what sort of mindset you have. Do you really believe all the garbage you spew out? Listen, Rick's old enough to make his own decisions and if you have a problem, take it up with him and may God have mercy on your soul if you do because Rick is about as reluctant to let go of Devin as a tick on your jugular. I'll have you know that Devin's actually improved the way Rick acts. He's even cut back on smoking, and he doesn't leave the house to party anymore. Maybe you should have a nice long talk with Cherri about this because you really don't wanna get into it with me."

My dad stood there, letting Vic's words sink in and, of course, I wasn't surprised when he scowled again. Anymore of that and his face would be stuck like that.

"It's morally correct is why I 'spew all that garbage'. You go to church and you should know how wrong it is. I tried being nice about it, Vic, really, I did, but you're pushing you're luck with me. Devin is being corrupted when he hangs out with Rick and you saw the way he tore up that hospital room, what if he did that to Devin? I'd never forgive him, or you. You already took one of my boys and I'm not letting you take the other one. Devin's coming home and he's not coming back here." He explained icily. Still, Vic's expression didn't change as he averted his eyes for a minute, then shrugged.

"Like I said, don't talk to me about it. It's not my problem anymore. Rick's old enough to take care of himself, and you know what? Devin is too. Let Devin choose what he wants. It's his life, I don't see what gives you the right to control it." He answered and started for the fridge, but my dad scoffed rudely, making Vic stop.

"See, this is why Rick and Blake are the way they are. You're not raising them correctly. They should be with their parents, someone who actually has morals. You're too young and too... All I'm saying is that you refrain from letting my son hang out with Rick. If you don't, I'll call the police and get a restraining order." He snapped.