1

I decided to go- to the police station that is.

It seemed like the only rational place to 'express' my powers.

I didn't really know how to tell them that I was special, or had powers, whatever. It's not like I would just turn invisible- too many people would know my identity then.

I laughed at myself as I walked down the busy NYC streets. Why was I acting like I was important? They probably would take one look at me and decide I was too weak to make the Ten into the Eleven.

Or perhaps they'd see me as very powerful and it'd become Frank Iero and the Ten. Actually, they defeats the purpose of hidden identities. Maybe I'd get my own special superhero name, something stupid like 'The Shadow'.

I was just flattering myself with my own imagination now, and the police station was in sights. I quickly figured up a plan: go in, and ask to see someone important.

Looking back now, it seemed a little sketchy, but whatever.

I pushed open the glass door into the police station. I didn't really know what to expect, seeing as I'd never been inside the NYPD station before, but it was quite big. I looked around momentarily till someone resembling a secretary acknowledged my existence.

"Eh-hm, sir," she looked at me. She had chocolate colored skin and her hair was in two braids down her back. She was the perfect mix between superficial and casual. "Can I help you?"

"Uh, yeah actually," I strolled up to her desk, hands in my pockets. I read the name on her desk quickly. "Miss Frew, you can help me."

"Well, speak. I can't have my time wasted..." her words trailed off as I leaned down to talk quietly to her.

I had tried to dress nicely as to not give the wrong first impression, but I still think she was a little afraid of me. You had to be afraid of everyone when you lived in New York.

"Who do I talk to about..." my voice was low, almost at a whisper. "Super powers."

She laughed in my face. "Oh honey, you are not getting any information about the Ten from here. It's confidential, and don't think you're special because you're at least the third person in here asking about them today."

I shook my head, "No, I... I have super powers." It sounded like I was twelve and trying to convince my mom I went to bed on time last night.

She shook her head right back at me, "Sure, honey. I'm sure..."

She stopped talking as I willed myself to go invisible all over. Of course my clothes didn't go invisible as well, but whatever. "I didn't want to do it in public, but I guess if that's what it takes to make you believe me..."

"Sir, stop. We don't need to draw more attention," she stood up suddenly. "Tell Toro we have a Project G on our hands, Carol."

I turned solid again, following Diana Frew's orders. "Come with me," she said.

I nodded. Apparently this was somewhat of a big deal, as they had a project dedicated to it. I wondered what G stood for. I followed her up two flights of stairs and into an office that had several locks on the door. There were no windows in the room, maybe for safety. Hung on the walls and sat on the desk were pictures- all of them had one similarity in them. There was a reoccurring presence of a certain guy with a brown semi-afro.

As I was inspecting a photo of him with someone in a fan-made costume of One, someone walked in the door.

It was the man in the pictures, who I assumed was Toro. Toro was a weird name.