71

CHAPTER 71
OMERA W.

"Hello Phil." I greet him as I leave Dan's room.

"Hey." He waves quickly before walking off with a fast pace.

"Of course." I groan as I walk toward the living room, hoping Dan is there watching another movie like he was yesterday. When I reach the area he is there on his laptop, quickly typing away at something.

"What are you doing?" I question him as I walk over with a look of complete curiosity.

"Not important, I have a question for you actually." He says as he stops typing and slowly shuts his laptop.

"A question? Go ahead." I nod as I sit down with him, I'm still curious as to what he was typing.

He looks at me. "I want to take you on a date tonight."

I look at him with a confused but flattered look, we never really go on dates. I don't think we've actually been on a proper one, maybe that day we went to Phil's restaurant when it was closing. Actually, I don't I've been on a date ever in my life, so the fact he is asking me makes me excited, but at the same time it makes me want to decline.

"A date? To where?" I question him with a small smile.

"Well, I would say it's a surprise but I tend to stay away from clichés. So, we are going to one of those fancy restaurants." He looks at me with a bit of a smile.

"Really?" I say with no excitement at all. The pressure to dress up with the limited amount of clothes I have doesn't seem fun at all, I'd much rather go somewhere else.

"Not excited?" He asks.

"Yeah, I only have pajamas and one pair of jeans. I don't think we should really go somewhere fancy." I explain with guilt, who knows of he's been planning it or something. I don't want to ruin his plans.

"Good, that place sounds boring. Let's go to the park and enjoy the fresh air or something." He suggests with a bit of excitement at the words, I don't know why this makes me feel so calm.

"Do they have taco trucks at the park?" I ask ecstatic at the fact.

"I think they have ice cream trucks maybe." He states as he opens up his laptop again and opens a new tab.

"Well, good enough. Can I borrow a razor?" I ask him as I get off the couch.

"Why?" He asks me with a surprised look.

"I haven't shaved my legs in about three days. I feel like I've fallen out of a cycle." I explain.

"Who cares? Just keep your little hairs." He states as he looks back at his laptop.

"No thanks, I bought the jeans that feel so good with shaven legs. I don't want to skip out on the sensation." I elaborate as I turn away from him and walk to his room.

"It's in the cabinet by the way." He calls after me.

--

I feel refreshed after my shower, and walk out of the bathroom in my towel. Phil's at work and I don't care what Dan thinks, I didn't really remember to bring clothes to the bathroom anyways.

Once I reach Dan's room, I look through my bag for the jeans I want to wear along with a plain white shirt. The shirt only reminds me of Tia and how she threw water on me. Maybe I can wear it and rid it of bad memories.

"Damnit." I mutter to myself when I realize I hadn't brought any makeup with me. I get up and walk out of the room to look for Dan, I only hear him at the doorway.