09

What's wrong?

Lunch is over and I know exactly where my next class is. Room 204, Mr. Howell's room. I don't know how the events of earlier would change how class would be but I hope he pretends it doesn't happen like I do.

I find myself lost in thought in the middle of the staircase, I somehow lost Maci on the way here. It didn't matter, she doesn't have health with me. I think she had Calculus right now.

Zola had just asked for my room number before she disappeared with her little sidekick. I didn't want to friends with her but she seemed to a risky type of girl. I couldn't stand all these rules and I knew she would bring me some sanity.

I rush up the stairs before the late bell rings. The minute I enter Mr. Howell's room the bell let's out the deafening sound. He gives me a side glance from his place in front of the room but besides that he doesn't speak to me. I see my desk has been occupied by someone else, I frown and look for an empty seat. It's all the way to the left near the windows.

I pass Zola on the way, she winks in my direction but I don't offer anything back. My thoughts are too occupied by the man in the front of the room.

"Okay girls, I read your responses from yesterday and I could tell halfway in that no one knew anything about types of health." Mr. Howell says in frustration. He grabs a stack of notebook from under his desk and sets them on top. "Ms. Adams, please hand out the notebooks."

The girl gets up. "Yes, Mr. Howell." She says quickly and he clears his throat, he seems a bit uncomfortable.

"Once you have your notebooks copy down these notes." Mr. Howell says as he pulls up a slide of notes on the board. He takes a seat at his desk as notebooks are being passed. I take out a fresh notebook from my bag, I have no partner sitting next to me. I'm simply isolated.

I blush when I realize it's the lesson I read in Mr. Howell's lesson plans.

The four dimensions of health are physical, emotional, spiritual, and social. 

I slightly glance at Mr. Howell to see him deep in thought. He seems conflicted as he gets lost in his own head. I tear my gaze away from him and finish copying the notes. He gets up and begin to elaborate and teach but I don't listen much. Other girls ask questions and he looks them in the eyes and answers. It seems he's trying to ignore me, it's getting on my nerves.

"I believe every dimension of health impacts the other. For example, if you don't have good social health it could impact you emotions, thoughts, and body shape." A tall brunette sitting in the front says with a small smile.

"That is very true, Ms. Anderson." He nods towards her as he turns his gaze to the class. "Which aspect of health do you think is most important?" He asks the class and multiple hands shoot up. I decide to raise mine as well even though I don't have a clear answer in mind.

I watch as he goes from girl to girl and simply pretends my hand isn't there. I feel a pang in my chest, so he is ignoring me.

I huff as he continues. Who cares about his stupid lesson? I don't. I look down at my notebook and scribble down some stick figures. He won't call me out since he's pretending that I'm invisible.

And he doesn't. For the whole damn period.