66

CHAPTER 66
OMERA W.

"So, I heard you went to someone's house this weekend." Tia stops me in the middle of the staircase.

"Well, I knew that idiot would come to you to blab after kissing up to me." I state, she seems a bit taken aback as she registers my words.

"Are you talking about Lark? He's not an idiot." She protests. My method to keep her interested in Dan is to just make rumor boy seem horrible in comparison.

"Oh, I see you've given up at trying to get with Dan, what a downgrade." I giggle as I walk past her. I need to somehow give her my number thinking it's Dan's.

"Dan?" She looks a bit hurt when I mention him by his first name.

"Yeah, it's a shame. I was a bit afraid you could actually get him, but I don't have to worry about that." I respond to her, she looks at me with an angry look.

"Whatever, teacher fucker." She shoves past me. How the hell will I slip a number to her without seeming suspicious? I can't just drop it on the floor, it wouldn't work.

Maci: How is it going at school?

Maci...maybe she can help me somehow. Well, I only need her to text Maci and ask if she even has her number. Maci did say the two of them were friends a while ago, I just need to use that.

Omera: do you have Tia's number?

Maci: I ate some salmon and now I fill like a fish

Maci: I do have her number

I ignore the weird message she sent at first and focus on the second. Maci does have her number, perfect. I could go to Maci's house after school, but I don't know anyone who would drop me off and pick me up.

Omera: can you come over today?

Maci: I need to ask my mother if she'd drop me, I'll get back to you on that

"Hey, Omera." Jess waves to me as she passes by.

"Hey." I reluctantly reply.

"We should get some lunch sometime in the future." She smiles brightly as she suggests the idea. I nod along with her words and promise her that next time we would see each other we would hang.

An idea forms in my mind quickly as I watch Jess walk away. She must have broken up with her boyfriend and since I'm known as the hoe at this school, she must think I have a hookup for her. I indeed do.

I take out a piece of paper and scribble down a few words. There's only one girl in the school who was desperate for love, and that was Jess. She is outspoken, not scared of anyone, and very persistent. That means if she falls for rumor boy, Tia will see he's off the market.

"Jess, you're so beautiful. You remind me of every sunset and sunrise. I wish you were mine."

I hold the note in my hands before shoving it in my backpack. I think I can make this work another way, maybe make Tia fall for rumor boy and snatch him away from her.

I don't even know if Tia has fallen for rumor boy at all, I need to get her to do that. How can I convince her that rumor boy is great choice, I could drop subtle hints but why would she take my word for it? The only way I can get back at her is to become her friend, and that's something I'm not looking forward to.

--

"My mother said I could stay the night since it's the weekend." Maci greets me as she walks through the door.