62

CHAPTER 62
OMERA W.

Saying that I feel hurt is an understatement. I feel my heart is pulling all the skin around it to use it as a blanket, however that still didn't bring me comfort.

The words he last said to me, when he said he didn't love me I thought it was all out of rage. Somewhere deep down in my core I knew he did feel something for me, why would he risk his job over and over if he didn't feel anything? If he really didn't like me at all, he would have told me to leave him alone and stuck to that.

I was wrong about that. I should really learn to take people seriously so I don't feel such a horrible pain in my heart next time.

I had to be next door to the house where Dan was on a date. I guess it was destiny for me to see that, it would convince me to cut him off completely. There will never be a time that I want to see him ever again.

It also had to be someone like Euri, a grown woman who probably has her shit together. I'm always going to be that immature teen in his eyes. Trying to bounce back in his life right now is nearly impossible now, so I should stop considering it.

"Oleela, why are you hiding?" Tree whispers to me when he finds me crying in Maci's closet.

"I want to be alone, Tree." I softly state to the young kid. He watches me with wide eyes once he realizes that I'm crying.

"Why are you crying, Oleela? Please don't cry." He begs as he reaches over to wipe the tears away from my face as if he wants to erase the fact I'm upset.

"I fell down and hurt my knee. Go play with Maci, okay?" I take ahold of his hand so he would stop wiping my face. He nods quickly and runs off.

I'm left alone again, every bit of my eye makeup drops on my jeans creating dark black stains on them. I grab ahold of my hair and tie it away from my face as I begin wiping away any traces of my crying from my face.

Before I get up, I rip off my heeled boots and throw them to the side. I walk over to Maci's bathroom, flicking on the lights, I turn to the mirror and look at my red eyes.

I hate looking at myself like this, I want to be happy, angry, even bored, but I never want to see myself sad. Especially for a man who doesn't appreciate me.

No, you're full of it. Of course he cares, it wasn't a date. He told you it wasn't a date, don't do anything stupid.

Does it matter if it wasn't? The point is he broke up with me, hurt me a great deal, and that should've be the end of it. Why do I care for him so much? Why did the thought of him being on a date hurt me so bad? I admit that I did love him but those feelings should leave if he hurts me. However, for me it won't leave me alone.

Love is stupid, if I could tell anyone one thing, it's not to love. Putting your feelings, dreams, future, basically your whole life in the hands of one person seems completely stupid to me. Now, I'm stuck like this for however long it takes me to move on.

--

"Omera, are you okay?" Maci asks me. The question itself makes me feel so weak, and it causes me to get mad.

"Leave me alone." I harshly say to Maci as her hand touches my shoulder.

"Omera, you have every right to be sad but can you please go tell Tree you're okay? He's been upset every since he saw you." Maci explains to me.

"Why does he care?" I ask with an annoyed tone.

"Well, he seems to have taken a liking towards you. Kids tend to do that." Maci states with a soft tone.

As much as I didn't want to go and talk to Tree I know I had to, why should I leave a kid upset? I'm not a complete bitch after all.

"Fine." I agree as I leave the room and go to the living room.

--

I watch Tree sadly move his cars around the living room floor. Euri might be arriving any minute to come retrieve him, so I had to cheer him up quick.

I grab one of his cars and push it toward another car, causing it to move toward Tree. He notices my movement and watches me carefully.

"Oleela, are you still sad?" He asks me quickly.

"No, I just got a little bit hurt. Nothing too bad." I assure him and that puts a smile on his face.

"Let's play cars, it always makes me happy so you can be happy too." He explains as he hands me a bright blue truck. He holds a red car in his hands, he sets it to the floor.

"I don't know how to play, but I'm going to win." I promise as I immediately crash my car into his. He gasps as I do so, but soon he giggles. He takes two cars smashed them on either side of the blue truck I have.

I feel like I'm teaching him to be violent, so instead I slightly tap my truck to his, I wanted it to seem as a calm move but he holds his car up high and slams it on top of my car, crushing my finger.

"Tree, what the f-" I stop myself from cursing as I hold my finger in pain. This kid doesn't really have much control when he gets excited.

"I'm sorry, Oleela." He immediately apologizes as he grabs my finger and spits on it.

What the hell?

"Tree, that's gross." I snatch my finger back and wipe it on one of Maci's couches in a very unapologetic manner.

"My mom says spitting helps you because it's full of magic because I saw it in a book I read." He explains to me with a serious tone,

"Charming." I comment, I sit there for a minute, looking at my finger with pity. There's a small cut, and a minimal amount of blood.

Just before Tree touches another car the door opens and Euri walks in. She looks at us both with a sad little smile.

Well, that was unexpected. Does she think she owns this house? She should have knocked before she came in.

"You didn't knock..." I point out, how does she just stomp in here without saying anything?

"Yeah, I suppose I didn't. I'm sorry about that and I'm sorry for what happened at my house." She says with a look of pity. I wonder if Dan told her anything, I really hope he did so she would know to back off. However, I couldn't bring myself to hate her.

"It's fine." I wave her off.

"I don't want you to think that-" She begins to elaborate but honestly I'm not in the mood to hear anything more.

"It's fine, goodbye Tree." I smile at the little boy as I tap his nose.

"Are you still going to take me to the food store?" He asks me.

"Yes, I promise." I nod, and link my pinky with his as I say it. He smiles brightly, Maci finally rushes out of the room and spots Euri. I take this as an opportunity to leave, I glance at Tree and wave him goodbye.

_____

A/N:

Sorry if I respond to any of your messages late, there are a bit too many for me to respond in one day.

Next update is on Wednesday!

-Chloe