Chapter 12

*BILL'S POV*

Love.

What was it exactly?

It was hard to say precisely.

Love was indeed a strange feeling. As if my un-beating heart would surely emerge from my chest by taking even one look at my dearest Pine Tree. Hell forbid if I got killed! or worse, if HE got killed!
I had to make sure the slayers wouldn't prevail any time soon.
With this thought buried deep in my mind I made my way down to the lower floors of the castle, towards the crypt where many of the vampire slaves resided.

A lone book on a clawed pedestal (the book itself had skeleton hands which clasped it shut) was illuminated with some of the glowing lanterns.

I sighed, snapping my fingers which made a flame appear in the oil lantern on the pedestal, the fire flickering within its glass confinements of the lamp, silently walking over to it and murmuring a spell under my 'breath'.

The skeleton fingers quivered and rattled, opening and releasing the hold it once had on the book.
As I opened the leathery front cover to reveal the front page, I could hear the creaking of the coffin lids and soft hisses coming from within the darkened depths of the crypt.
'Ah, the vampire slaves must need feeding' I thought, dropping some blood of a human onto the blank page, the liquid quickly sinking into the parchment, revealing the words as if they were once invisible ink.

"Our time will soon come..." I told myself. "Nobody but nobody is hurting or killing the ones close to me. Not even Ford.....or....Pine Tree" as soon as I uttered his name, his ghostly image appeared within my mind.
His brunette hair concealing his handsome Big Dipper birthmark, his pale skin and keen, caring eyes.

So innocent compared to someone like me; even though both of us were the same species, I've spent many a century murdering humans in cold blood.
I was a killer, the ruler of even more murderous inhuman creatures.

How could he be considered dangerous in comparison to me?

Foolishness.

Nobody can be compared to either of us.

Shaking these thoughts from my head I continued to scour the book for information, the raging storm growing louder, coming much closer, the echoes from the thunder could be heard from space.

Not even making a sound nor moving a muscle, I let the vampire fledglings crawl out of the crypt for a night's worth of blood.

By now, that slayer pair, Star and Shooting Star, would be making their next move.
The mere thought of them plotting against my growing army made me laugh out loud.

"They want Pine Tree and Sixer, do they? they're as brave as they are idiotic" I told myself again, a smirk on my lips.

If Shooting Star wanted her brother oh-so badly, she could either die or become one of us.

Choice would be hers.
To have her on my side with her twin would be ideal.

Perhaps, if I played my cards right, she will join me, of her own free will or if she doesn't...well, let's just see how strong her mind is.
Telepathy? mind control? just plain black magic rituals?

Or maybe something to drink at the very least?
The possibilities are just endless!

Nobody will take Pine Tree from me.
Even if they have to stake me to get him.

Let them try,at least.

After all.....

It's so true about what they say about the live coward and the dead hero....