Chapter 1 Swallow The Key

Nikki's POV

Never Ever Ever. The words echoed through my mind.

'You will never speak again.'

I broke down sobbing and crashed onto my knees in the One Direction's drive way. I put my hands on the pavement for support and cried, letting out long and terrible sounding sobs. Everything I had been holding inside came out as one giant blob.

Niall was staring down at me, his face white as a ghost.

"Nikki?" He asked, his voice quiet.

God, I feel terrible.

He had just asked me out and then I just fell sobbing in front of him.

Not your typical type of rejection.

I don't even know what the frick I would have said, but it didn't matter to me at the moment.

All that mattered to me was my mother's life and the sound of my voice.

I stood up in a shaky jolt and ran inside, violently slamming the door behind me.

It shook the whole house and I almost shivered at my anger.

As I searched through my blurry vision to find the stairs, I finally found the chestnut blob.

"Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!" Just to my luck, Harry, Liam, and Zayn were standing in front of the stairs.

They wouldn't stop me.

I would just have to slam my way past.

They blocked the way to my escape as I got closer.

Nethertheless, I tried to ram my way through them.

But that was a fail.

I crashed into someone's arms and tried to push my way upstairs, but I was yanked back.

"What is the matter?" Liam questioned, his face and voice panicked. "What's the matter?"

I tried to pull away, trying to force my way through the three pairs of hands holding me back.

I swung my arms around and tried to smack them away.

ANYTHING TO GET AWAY....

I was going to lock myself in the room, swallow the key and never come out again.

NEVER.

"Nikki, Nikki!" Harry grabbed my shoulders. "Tell me what's wrong!"

I shook my head and tried to yank away.

I wish I could Harry....

I wish I could.

"Tell me!" Harry gripped my wrists and held them tightly. His voice was strained and his emerald eyes told me everything.

He was scared out of his mind at my facial expression.

Oh well.

This wasn't something he could help me with.

I glared into his eyes.

"Harry!" It's about time Louis showed up.

Louis shoved Harry off of me and pulled me behind him.

"What are you doing?" Harry questioned.

"What are you doing?" Louis spat back.

"I'm trying to find out what's wrong!" Harry cried.

As they argued, I tore myself away from Louis and tried to run away to anywhere else.

But Zayn grabbed me and pulled me into a big hug, wrapping his long, long arms around me.