Hushabye Mountain

Chapter Fifty

Rae's POV

Before Mason could do anything, he was roughly shoved to the ground and the beam of power hit...

"DAD!"

I snarled, my eyes blackening completely. This was the last straw and now nothing would get in my way.

Nothing.

My head snapped to Blake who held a pathetic grin on his face. A dark eerie laugh erupted from his throat as my figured shot over to him, my hands gripping his face and tearing it from his body. I dropped the worthless corpse, watching as the dead eyes still laughed at me and my pain.

I let out an agonized howl, as my feet dragged me slowly to my Dad. I dropped to my knees, staring at the man I looked up for years. The one I would got to if I had I problem, the one I would always play fight and argue with, the one who would never give up on my no matter how hard I failed.

He looked at me, pain filled eyes. Mason looked at my Dad, silently thanking him, his arm held against his chest, a dark bruise forming. I pulled my only remaining parent's head onto my lap. "D-Dad... You're gonna be okay."

I could hear gentle running before it grew louder and soon the remaining pack members stood around us. Leo's wolf rushed over, a low whine leaving him as he shifted. His body dropped next to mine as he stared at my Dad.

"You will- make it!" he said strongly, but you could hear the weakness in his voice. Mason knelt behind me, but giving me the space I needed.

My Dad shook his head, "I-I want y-you and Leo to live e-every moment to the fullest, a-and never give up."

"No Dad." I felt a few tears slipping as Leo spoke. I knew that there was nothing we could do. He was hit by a strong beam of power, and that does damage that cannot be repaired. He inhaled a sharp breathing, closing and reopening his eyes.

My Dad looked up to me again, "R-Rae, do you rem-emeber that o-one song? When y-you were little?"

"Dad, p-please don't go!" I whispered, tears rolling down my face. I clutched his hand, holding it against my  heart.

"I am n-never gone." He mumbled, clutching my hand. "I-I am going to s-see your Mum." He took a deep breath, slowly exhaling, "P-Please Rae... S-ing."

I slowly nodded- its the one thing I could never forget. I never sang in front of people, but right now, I didn't care. I wanted my Dad to leave in peace, just like I would've wanted my Mum to. I wanted to reunit my parents. I took a shaky breath before allowing the lyrics to slip from my mouth.

"A gentle breeze, from Hushabye Mountain, softly blows over Lullaby Bay." I sniffed, "I-It fills the sails of boats that are waiting- waiting to sail your worries away."

"It isn't far, to Hushabye Mountain, and your boat waits down by the quay"

"The winds of night, so softly are sighing. Soon they will fly your troubles to sea." I could see Mason bow his head, followed by the pack members in respect to my Dad who stared at me with tear filled eyes as I continued singing the lyrics.

"So close your eyes, on Hushabye Mountain, wave goodbye to cares of the day."  My Dad's eyes soon became unfocused, before they slowly started to close. "And watch your boat from Hushabye Mountain, sail far away from Lullaby Bay."

My Dad took his final breath before his became limp and the hand that held my own dropped onto the mossy grass I let out a sob, followed by Leo, letting out a painful low howl.

--------------------------

Mason cradled me in his arms as we entered his home. Emerald ran towards us, holding onto her battered husband. Lacey and Willow soon followed, appearing from the kitchen. I buried my tears in Mason's chest, hiding my sadness from everyone- they didn't need to see that.

"Keaton?" I heard Emerald whisper, making Leo let out a choked sob. Looking up, I saw Franklin, a nasty cut on his head and bruises and wounds all over him, shake his head sadly, looking out the window where the pack members gently placed a body on the ground. Emerald put her hand over he mouth as she looked at Leo and I and Willow who wrapped her arms around my brother, pulling his weak body down to the floor.

Mason shrugged off his sisters who wanted to look at my small frame, and went straight up to his room. I was placed on his bed as he entered his wardrobe and came back out with track suit bottom and a jumper. Mason sighed as he looked down at me before sitting me up, and gripping the bottom of my dirty shirt, lifting it over my head.

His eyes didn't linger on anything as he continued undressing and dressing me, not on anything. He slid his jumper over my head, before I dropped into his arms, silent tears sliding down my pale cheeks and onto his blood stained shirt. My mate cradled me again as he laid on his bed, giving me the small amount of attention I needed.

No talk, just silence. His hand trailed through my messy hair, listening and taking in every sob, every ounce of my pain. I didn't want him to. I tried blocking him, but Raven was too tried to do anything.

"Please don't shut me out." Mason whispered.

"Y-You shouldn't need to worry about my pain." I mumbled, sniffing.

Mason lifted up my chin, making me look at him properly for the first time since he rescued me. He had a deep looking wound on his cheek, and a dark bruise forming on his right cheekbone and left eye. "You're my mate. I will be their for you in your time of need. I don't care how much pain you're in as long as I can go through it with you." He leant down a places a small his on my lips. A sad kiss. Another tear slid down my cheek.

I pulled away, dragging a hand through his hair "Thank you." I muttered. Mason shivered at the Gold Inhibitor Ring slid down his neck when I pulled my hand away, before looking at the bracelet.

"You father saved me, the least I can do for him now, is protect you."

"But what if you can't." I sniffed.

"I'll always find you." he mumbled, kissing my forehead, "No matter how far, I'll always get you back. You're mine." I put an arm lazily around his waist, hugging him close.

"I love you." I mumbled into his chest, my ears feeling hot with embarrassment.

"I love you, too."

Book 1:
Past Memories- Complete