A Harder Target to Train With

Tomboy of the Pack

Chapter Thirty Four

Rae's POV

My fist connected once again with the punchbag, watching it swing towards me before smacking it again.

I will go and fight this Luna. Even if I may die, I know that I died for the pack. There's always mistakes in people's movements, no matter how great they seem. Yeah, I am a little nervous about this, but no matter what happens, I know I'll give it my all. The punchbag swung round again, making me connect my knuckle to the fabric, knocking it away from me.

"The punchbag is not a worthy opponent."

I caught my hitting post in my grasp, slowing it before I stepped away, turning to look at Mason, "Yeah? Who is?" I asked, unbinding the fabric from my knuckles.

"Me." My mate pulled off his jacket before grabbing some boxing pads, slipping them on his hands. Raising an eyebrow, I walked over to the boxing arena, sliding through the ropes, waiting for Mason.

"You know, you don't have to this?" Mason sighed, raising his hands for me to punch.

"Why? I want to." I replied, throwing my fist.

"You could be killed Rae."

"Well, at least I know I'm dying for the pack. It's what I was trained as Top Warrior for, Mas." I told him.

"Yes, but you're not Top Warrior anymore Rae, you're this pack's Luna. You're the one that will stand along beside me as we lead our pack forwards." Mason moved around me, changing the direction of the way I punch. I followed his steps, taking a side hit to the boxing pads.

"It doesn't change my Top Warrior position. I will protect this pack Mason, you know I would." I threw an upward punch, "I know that death is high on this-"

Mason suddenly threw the pads off his hands, his dark eyes glaring at me, "And what am I supposed to do if you got killed? How am I supposed to cope knowing that its my fault that my mate is dead?"

"I don't know Mason. Let's not think of that" I mutter, looking away from his demonic eyes that stared my way. Wiping the sweat that laid on my forehead, I stepped out the ring. "The only thing I can do is train."

"I will help train you in wolf form."

Nodding, we walked out the gym and into the forest. "You know, if this Luna is really as good as they say, I need a harder target to train with." I looked at Mason.

"No, not happening. There's no way I'm letting it control me."

"Mason-"

"No Rae. That thing could kill you as well as the Luna."

I sighed. If Mason wasn't going to change into his dark side willingly, I was going to force it out of him. 'No. Don't you dare.' Raven warned.

'Don't you want us to be prepared for that Luna?'

'Yes but-'

I cut her off, 'The only thing stronger than Ace is their dark side. If I don't fight him, we won't stand a chance.'

Raven took this into consideration, 'Fine'

I waited until we were further out from the pack house before I started.

"You're weak Mason." I mutter, "You lie, you betray people and you always lose control when you can't get what you want."

"Rae" I heard his voice warn.