That's a Keeper

Tomboy of the Pack

Chapter Thirteen

Rae's POV

I woke up, the sun glaring directly in my face. Squinting, I turned around and snuggled deeper into my pillow, the warmth radiating off it. I've never felt a pillow so warm and comfortable in my life... The pillow pulled me in closer. Wait, what?

I opened my eyes, coming face to face with a shirt. Blinking, I looked up to find Mason peacefully sleeping, like it was the best sleep he'd had in ages. I tried squirming out his grip, but it tightened, pulling me impossibly closer to him.

Urgh! Just let me out of the flipping grip Mas!

Huffing, I shoved his chest backwards, making him fall off the bed with a thud.

"What the hell?" His muffled voice came. I looked over the edge to see Mason glaring at me, playfully. Bursting into laughter, a hand gripped onto my arm, pulling me to fall on him. We looked at each other and laughed even harder. I heard a camera go off before looking up to see Leo on my phone, taking a picture.

"HEY!" I yelled, getting off of Mason and running towards my brother. He grinned, sprinting off. I raced after him, leading down into the kitchen were Emerald and Franklin were. The Luna was cooking up something that smelt delicious whist the Alpha was sipping some coffee, looking through pack documents.

Emerald raised an eyebrow at me, looking me up and down. Freezing, I looked down to find myself in a shirt that wasn't mine. Pink flushed my cheeks as I looked up, finding a dreary Mason leaning against the door.

"Why is Rae in your shirt Mason?" Emerald asked. Wait, his shirt?

"We slept together." He spoke, as if it didn't matter to anyone.

"Not like that!" I blurted quickly, looking at Emerald who had a playful smirk written on his face, "He-I- He saved me, and I was thanking him and I fell asleep on the tree with Mason holding me!"

Emerald chuckled, one that almost matched Mason's, "Sure"

"It's true!" I protested.

"Oh yeah, this is true as well." Leo spoke, showing Emerald a picture from my phone. Emerald high fived Leo- I swear she's a teenager in an adult's body.

I snatched my phone, looking at the picture. I was on top of Mason, my hands on his chest as we laughed and looked at each other. Mason's hands were on either of my arms, holding me in place. My cheeks darkened as Mason's presence was felt behind me.

"That's a keeper." He chuckled. I punched his arm, rushing to my room to change. Slipping on some knee length shorts and an England football top wrapping a dark blue jumper around my waist, I put my hair up in a ponytail and grabbed my red, non-stud, football trainers before heading back down.

"Here" I said, slinging his shirt at Mason. He caught it with ease before handing it back to me.

"You keep it for next time."

I laughed sarcastically, "There will be no 'next time'" I glared. I ran out to my Audi, grabbing my skateboard on the way. I sat in my car, glaring at the garage door in front of me. We were only just a week in, and I still had six weeks to kill before my parents came home. School finishes in two days and my birthday is in three weeks. Fuck you, seventeen.

I stared at the photo again, sighing. He was a really comfortable pillow... Raven snickered at me.

'You shut the hell up, you wanted to stay there!' I muttered.