Elijah-#3

So, this is also a different kind of imagine. It's for my bestie bucky_justwantsplums  It's supposed to be a birthday one but because I am a terrible person, it's like four months late. I am SOOO SOOORERYYYYY!!!! I am writing this based off of a headcannon, so pic credit goes to owner. Enjoy!

I sat at the lonely restaurant table, scanning over the menu for the hundredth time. Sighing, I check the time on my phone. 7:48. Exactly one hour and eighteen minutes late. Running my fingers through my long dirty blonde hair, my thought become interrupted by a waitress clearing her throat. She appeared to be young, only about seventeen but looked nicer than most hormonal teenage girls. I would know, I was one.

"You ready to order Ma'am?" She asked, a French-American accent lacing her words. I give her a stiff smile.

"Not quite, I'm waiting for someone, thank you though." With a nod of her head she goes back to the other tables, and I look around the classic diner-like restaurant. A few people sitting at the bar and other tables give me sympathetic looks, they know he's not going to show up.

Subconsciously, you always knew Tyler was an ass. This was the third time he was late for a date, and every time he made up some pathetic excuse. Yup, my life pretty much sucks right now. Making up my mind, I start to push my menu farther back on the table and get up. I am stopped when a handsome man sits down across from me.

"I am so sorry darling, my boss kept me late and he sent me off to re-organize Luis's desk." This strange man apologizes, as if he were my date. Leaning in, the emerald eyed man makes a motion as if he were to kiss me on the cheek, but whispers in my ear instead. "My name is Elijah, and I am terrible sorry if this creeped you out. Whoever left you or stood you up was obviously raised by donkeys because no respectable man would leave someone as gorgeous as yourself alone." I blush furiously, looking to my lap. Tears start forming in the corner of my eyes, but I giggle.

"I'm Tayah." I whisper back. Elijah takes a look at the menu, and the young waitress  arrives again, and we take our orders.

"So how was work love?" He ponders.

"It was good, yeah. I uh-got a new job at the animal shelter yesterday, and I really like it." I told him. "Yours?" I question in return.

"Another peaceful day at home. I'm working on a new collection of nature work." He replies. Huh, an artist. I likey.

We talked for a few hours after we had finished our food, and Elijah insisted dinner was on him, though I told him I would take him for drinks to make it up. By the time we walked out of the restaurant, it was 11:37 p.m. and it was by far the best date of my entire life. Not only was this man handsome, he was kind, caring, and he listened. Not to mention a pearly white smile that went perfect with Forrest green eyes and dark brown hair.

"I want to thank you Elijah. If it weren't for you, I'd be sitting in my room, watching sad movies. I really enjoyed dinner, and I am really happy you sat down at my table." I gush, my voice getting small towards the end. He grabs my hand, kissing the back of it, which only makes me blush a deeper shade of scarlet.

"Well Tayah, I am truly blessed that I sat down at your table. You are a wonderful beautiful lady and that man, whomever he is, doesn't understand what he is missing out on. I would like to do this again, would you be alright with that?" He explained, as a perfect gentleman.

"Of course!" I beamed at him. I grabbed a pen out of my purse explaining "I'm sorry, I don't have any paper, but give me you hand." I tell him. Doing as he was told, I write out my number on the palm of his hand. Checking what u just wrote, he smiled at me, and I nearly swooned. Giving me a kiss on the cheek, he walked off.

"I will see you very soon Miss Tayah." He called. Yeah, life was pretty good right now.

HOLY FREAKIN CRAP. WHAT IS THIS. IS BLAKELY UPDATING? NO WAY!! I KNOW RIGHT! THIS IS LIKE A ONCE IN A LIFETIME THING!! Yeah yeah, shut up I know. Anyways, if you don't know this is Elijah Mikaelson from the Originals/ The Vampire Diaries. Now I apologize to you fangirls/fanboys if I didn't get her personality right. I haven't actually watched the Originals or seen that far in TVD but my BFF bucky_justwantsplums  Is absolutely obsessed and has been constantly nagging on me to get an imagine written  for her. Actually, she wants like thirty before summer break which I mean come on. Talk about unrealistic goals! How about found Starfleet first kiddo😜😜 Love ya'lls and God bless!!