Chapter 21 - Recovered

Start from the beginning

"Oh, I uh... I was almost raped by these three guys a few weeks ago. While I was trying to get free one kicked me in the side", I said quietly.

"What? Ayla why didn't you tell me about this? Didn't you get it checked out or informed the police?" Ms Hayles asked frantically.

"It happened before I met you so I didn't think it was necessary. And I couldn't go to the hospital or to the police because I didn't want anyone finding out my real age", I said.

"But Ayla, you could've had a broken rib", Ms Hayles said sadly.

"Actually she does", the doctor said. Ms Hayles and I looked at him.

"I do?" I asked.

"Yes. When I was examining you I noticed that you have a bruise on your side that didn't result from your pervious accident so we did a x-ray on you I noticed that you've had a fractured rib and it broke after your previous accident", the doctor said.

"I did still feel pain in my side but I didn't pay attention to it", I said.

"Ayla you need to start telling me everything. Stop hiding your pain from me", Ms Hayles said.

"I know Ms Hayles and I'm sorry. I wasn't hiding it, I just didn't think it was necessary", I said.

"Never mind that now, I'm just glad doctor Marshall realize this and is taking good care of you. Thank you doctor", Ms Hayles said to the doctor.

"Of course. It's my job to make sure my patients is well taken care of", the doctor said smiling.

"Am I gonna be scared for life doc?" I asked the doctor.

"No you won't. Once your fully healed, all your scars will disappear", the doctor said.

"Okay great, thanks doc", I said.

"No problem dear, it's my job", he said.

All I could do was smile slightly because my face hurts. Ms Hayles left to call everyone and tell then that i'm conscious. After that she returned.

Half an hour later the door burst open and Becca rushed in squealing my name.

"Ayla! Babe! OMG! I'm so happy! Don't scare me like that again", she screamed holding my left hand.

"I'm sorry Becca", I said and she smiled.

"It's okay. I'm just happy you're awake", she said.

Then Ms Wilson, Emma and her son came to see me. They were all happy that I was awake.

I was in hospital for another three days until I got discarged and man wasn't I happy. I hate hospitals.

When we reached home Marcus carried me to my room and put me into my bed and Ms Hayles tuck me in. I was too weak to walk. All I could eat is porridge, soups and juices. I had broken ribs so it would be hard to swallow hard food.

I was treated like a baby for the next three weeks. I wasn't suppose to leave my bed unaccompanied by someone. During those three weeks I met Ms Hayles parents, friends and some other relatives. Becca visited me almost everyday and Ms Hayles hardly left my side. Sometimes she even fall asleep beside me.

She bought all kinds of gadgets so I wouldn't be bored lying in bed all day and all night. She even got me my own bodyguard/driver. It has been three crazy weeks but it was awesome. Ms Hayles proved herself to be an amazing mother.

I realized that I was starting to love her. She has done so much for me in three weeks that my real mother failed to do in years. She showed me so much love it's amazing.

Three weeks later...

The three weeks is over and I feel completely healed. No more pain nor headaches. I feel happy and healthy. So I got out of bed and ran to Ms Hayles room. She was on her laptop typing away so I jumped on her bed.

"I feel very healthy and pain-free. Thanks to you, God and my doctor", I said hugging her.

"I'm glad you are healed and very happy. That makes me happy", she said pulling from the hug and smiling.

"So, is it ok if I hang out with Becca today? Out of the house. Please", I begged.

"But you just recovered", She said. So I pouted and gave her the puppy face.

"Okay fine. But Marcus and Max will be going with you", She ordered.

"Won't you need Marcus?" I asked curiously.

"No i'm not going anywhere today. You go and have fun. And be careful", she said.

"Okay thanks. I love you", I said walking out.

"You love me?" She asked surprisingly.

"Yes I do. I have for a while now but didn't know how to say it", I said quietly.

"Oh wow, you don't know how happy you just made me", she said teary eyed.

"Believe it Ms Hayles. You're a wonderful woman", I said smiling at her then left her room.

I ran back to my room and texted Becca to tell her that we'll be going out together. She was surprised that Ms Hayles let me but she was happy that we'll be hanging out.

Then I got ready and left home to meet her. For the rest of the day I hung out with Becca and had lots of fun.

Question: What do you think is the reason why Ayla didn't know how to tell Kate that she love her?

xoxo