Chapter Five: A Weird Dream and Bouquet of Baby's Breath

Start from the beginning

Evelyn didn't seem to mind, which I really love about her.

The hours went by and then it was time to go to the café. Today was as tedious as yesterday and the days before that. Gym classes were no longer a priorities these days, seeing that the juniors were going to have their end of year exam. There had been a teachers meeting the other day and it was agreed that some teachers would have to take the period of Gym classes to extend the students' studying hours. I didn't mind at all. Education was very important.

On my way to the café, I drove past a flower stall and decided, last minute, to halt and made a quick U-Turn. Parking my car just in front of the stall, I hurried out and purchased a single daisy. Three days ago, it was a bouquet of baby's breath.

"A nice flower for a nice lady, ay?" The woman smiled at me as she went to wrap the daisy and gave it a nice ribbon.

I grinned. "Yes. How much is it?"

"You seem like a man in love and I love the idea of love very much," The woman said and handed me the flower. "It's in the house. Go and give it to your lady and make her smile,"

"Thank you, ma'am," I nodded my head at her. "And that's what I hoped I succeed in doing at,"

***

The café was rather deserted today, only two or three customers. Some typing vigorously on their laptop and some sitting by the window on a sofa with their heads buried in books. My eyes went to look for Evelyn the minute I walked in the café only to turn into a glower when I saw a man with his hand on Evelyn's arm. And by the way her lips quiver and eyes water, I could tell this piece of shit was up to no good.

"No. Please leave, sir. I don't want any trouble with my boss," Evelyn pleaded, shaking her head and trying to loosen the man's grip on her arm.

"Oh, come on. A cup of coffee with me won't do any harm, isn't it?"

Evelyn's tears averted towards mine as I found myself striding towards the man and gripped his shoulder, harshly turning him towards me. "Let me tell you a very good advice, you prick. When a lady says no, she really means no," My fist were clenched and unclenched as I studied the man, his body shaking in fear. "Now, get the hell out of here. I won't hesitate in giving my fist a good exercise if I ever see you here again,"

Glowering still, I watched as the man hurried outside, murmuring something incoherent under his breath – profanities, I was positive – and then he was gone. Turning towards Evelyn, I asked, "Are you okay, Evelyn? He didn't do anything to you, didn't he?"

Evelyn shook her head, hugging herself and rubbing her arms up and down. "No, he didn't. Thank you so much for that Andrew," She lowered her eyes to the counter to hide her tears but I was quick to gently gripping her chin and wiping her eyes with my thumb. As if on cue, her cheeks turned into a noticeable shade of red.

I grinned, the anger long gone and said, "No worries. I'd do that and more a hundred more times for you, Evelyn," The grin widened when Evelyn's pink lips curled into a lovely smile and I quickly took the flowers on the floor, handing it to her. "Sorry about this. I must've dropped it earlier,"

Evelyn smiled and went to take a few sniff on the flower, hugging it gently to her chest. I found myself envious to that said object. "No, it's fine, Andrew. You've been giving me flowers and gifts every time you see me. I don't know if I ought to be treated with these lovely gestures,"

"You could always pay me back," I suggested, letting my eyes wander around her beautiful face. "You could accompany me over a cup of coffee or two every time I'm here,"

Her lips twitched into a smile as she glanced at her watch. "Well, my break is in ten minutes and Mrs. Durant's taking over after that. I'll bring your Upside Down Cheesecake Apple Pie and Americano soon," She grinned cheekily at me, having to know my usual order.

"You're an angel," I remarked and chuckled upon seeing the cute surprised facial expression she was wearing right now and said with a wink, "Add in a Vanilla Flavored Chocolate Cake and a regular coffee, please,"

She chuckled lightly because I knew that was her favourite.

|END OF CHAPTER FIVE|

Author's Notes:
Do vote and comment what you think!

Upside Down Cheesecake Apple Pie:
(Picture is not mine.)

Vanilla Flavored Chocolate Cake:(Picture is not mine

(Picture is not mine.)

)