Chapter Six: Warmth

The Gems appeared on the Northern Warp Pad. As Garnet predicted, the wind howled as slow whipped around in every direction.

Greg's hand was wrapped in a some bandages from the temple and resting in a sling.

"Come, we haven't any time to waste." Garnet said.

'Just hang on you two, we're coming.' Greg thought, as he and Harvey followed after the Gems.
__________

Steven easy starting to drift into slumber when a bright blue glow caught his eye.

"Doug, your pocket!" Steven cried.

The boy reached into his pocket and pulled out a tear-drop shaped Gem.

"Lapis..." Steven said.

The boys watched as the Gem floated into the air and a silhouette formed until Lapis Lazuli had regenerated. Her normal Homeworld dress had changed to a long, flowing blue one with a violet star on it.

At first, the water Gem was confused as to where she was then she saw an injured Steven and the pieces clicked into place. "Steven!" Lapis cried.

She threw her arms around her Beach Summer Fun Buddy. "Are you okay?! Hurt?! Oh my gosh Steven, I wish I could've been-"

"Lapis, it's okay. It's not your fault those guys came." Steven said.

Lapis sighed before noticing the other boy who was staring at her in awe.

"Oh! Lapis, this is a friend of mine! Doug, meet Lapis Lazuli!" Steven introduced.

"Um...hi." Lapis said. She was mainly attracted to the stripe of blue in his hair. 'That's weird even for a human.' She thought.

"So, do you know who those guys were? What are they doing here?" Steven asked

"Those were the Tarnished Metals. They were supposed to be perfect Quartz Soldiers, but something happened to change them." Lapis explained.

"Well maybe Peridot knows something about them, I mean she is from Homeworld and all." Doug said.

Lapis looked around and saw where they were. "What are we doing in a cave?"

"Well after beating us to the point of unconsciousness, they dropped us off up here. At this point we're waiting for the Gems to find us." Doug said.

"I got an idea! Lapis, do you think you can fly over the forest to see if the Gems are here? That way, if they are here, you can lead then to us!" Steven said.

"I like the sound of that Steven!" Doug said.

Lapis rubbed her arm, "I don't think I should leave you here by yourself..." She said.

"We'll be all right Lapis, we can handle ourselves." Doug said.

Lapis had to admit, she did like him. She nodded and walked to the mouth of the cave. She formed her wings and took off into the sky.

"Do you think the Gems are looking for us?" Doug asked.

"Of course, they have to be." Steven said.
__________

"Steven! Doug!" Garnet shouted.

"Guys, it's us, you can come out!" Amethyst called.

"Do you think Obsidian lied to us? I mean, the guy didn't seem like an honest guy." Harvey said.

"It's our only lead so far. Honestly I-"

"Quiet! Look." Garnet whispered.

There was were several tracks in the snow with splotches of red.