•Chapter 29-Pain•

Shawn's POV
I woke up to see my dad bloody in a broken chair. Waking up to that wasn't the highlight of my day at all.

I tired to talk but nothing came out. I tried to scream but it was just a little screech of pain.

My hands hurt. My wrists were slowly bleeding by the rough rope I was tied to. My face was numb and so was my body. I couldn't feel a thing. Even my eyesight was messed up.

"D-dad." I manage to whisper. There was no response though.

"D-dad. Wake up." I said louder. Once I looked closer at his chest, it didn't look like he was breathing. I shook my head furiously trying not to believe that he was gone.

"No. You're gonna wake u-up. And we'll leave this place, go find Aaliyah. We'll all be happy again." I cried.

"No mom. Or Richard and Alex. No moe pain and suffering. Just us again." The tears ran down my bruised cheeks like they were racing horses.

It ting my eyes since I haven't cried for a while, but t also felt relieving.

The door opened up and Alex walked in. He stared at me smiling.

"Just do what you want to me. I'm already in enough pain." I whispered.

"Soon you'll be at the edge of death if your dad doesn't wake up and give what James wants." He sneered then through something at me. It looked like a beer bottle.

It shattered at my hands and fell onto my head. The pain was numb though. He laughed and walked out.

"Shawn." My dad whispered. I looked at him and smiled a little.

"Shawn please hold on. Everything will be alright. We'll got out of here. You just need to have patience." I could see his brown eyes kind of looking at me.

"Ugh you guys are pathetic. Please hold on blah blah blah." Richard spat.

I rolled my eyes making the comment "Well you and Alex barley do that. You guys have a bad relationship." And of course I got slapped hard for that.

"Don't. Touch. My. Son." Dad growled. That's when he had the power to stand up and bash the chair against Richards head.

The grubby man fell and dad ran over to me. He cut the ropes off and hugged me.

"I missed you so much." I whispered into his shirt. He mumbled the same thing.

We got up and exited over unconscious Richard. The hall was dark with the lights flickering like a horror movie.

I heard screaming ahead of us. I'm guessing my dad heard it also because he pulled me down behind a wall.

We looked through the small window perched on the wall and saw through. There were little muffled cries from the middle of the floor. A body was laying limo in someone's arms.

"Can you see?" I whispered. He shook his head no. I squinted closer until I saw who it was. My eyes went big and I slid down the painful wall.

"What's wrong? Shawn what happened." Dad asked. I tried to talk but nothing came out. I forced myself to say something though.

"Lily's....dad." Was all I could manage. Dad looked up.

"Oh cára." He whispered while sliding down. I tried to translate it. Oh man. Mrs. Perez started whispering something in Spanish.

"Querido Dios, por favor no llevarlo. Las chicas y yo le puedo perderlo." (Dear god, please don't take him. The girls and I can't lose him.) She cried harder.

I wanted to go over and comfort her but I couldn't interrupt her prayer.

"Entiendo si es su tiempo para it. Simplente decrile que me encantó. También lo hicieron las niñas."
(I understand if it's his time to go. Just tell him I loved him. So did the girls.)

My dad grabbed my wrist and led me into the room. She looked up at us and smiled sadly. I bent down and hugged her.

"Wait. Who are you?" She asked. I raised my eyebrows in confusion. Then it hit me, she's never met me.

"Oh I'm Shawn. Lily's friend." I smiled. She smiled back.
"I'm Lauren Perez." She sniffled looking down at her husband.

"And this was, Derek Perez." It broke my heart to see her like this even though I just met her.

"I'm Emanuel Mendes. Shawn's father." He smiled. I looked at Mr. Perez lying lifelessly on the ragged ground.

There was a bullet wound in his stomach. Blood was starting to spew out which was kind of gross but I couldn't admit it right here.

My dad got out one of his bandanas and put it over the wound.

"Oh Lauren! I'm coming sweet heart!" Someone screamed. Lauren's eyes grew bug and she stood up.

"Take him into that closet. Stay there until I give the signal which is two knocks on the wall." We rushed off into the nearest closet and hid.

Lily's POV

I convinced Mamrie to take me back to the building that Shawn and my parents were at.

Of course she got worried that we'd die and then got side tracked into death and some other stuff. I wasn't really listening though.

We finally got to the building and I was scared again. Last time, the officers got shot, I almost died, my friends almost died and so did a everyone else.

I didn't even know where everyone was. We walked in and it was how it looked last time. Raggedy and dark.

We went upstairs and searched through all the rooms. Then we came across one with a small broken window. I looked through and saw my mom talking to Jason.

He had his hands on her hips while her arms were around his neck. He's forcing her against her poor will. I already felt my eyes welling up but I didn't let any tears out. Just yet. 'Cause I didn't see my dad. Or Shawn and his dad.

"I'll be right back sweetheart." Jason walked off coming our way. I put my hand over Mamrie's mouth because she was getting ready to say something. He walked out but facing the other way.

We slipped in and ran over to my mom.

I cried but happy tears. Kind of.

"Chica I missed you." She whispered. I smiled and laughed a little.

"Where's dad?" I asked getting excited. Her face softened. Mamrie opened up the closet and there stood Shawn and his dad. But mine was laying on the ground. They pulled him out and carried his body over to us.

Instantly, the waterfall came rushing down.

"H-how did this. H-ap," I couldn't even get my words out because I was so choked up. How did he die? How did mom survive but not him?

Mom sat down with me and just cried into each other. It took both of us a couple of minutes to collect our selves remembering that other people were around and stood up.

Shawn came over and hugged me. I hugged back really tight.

"I missed you so much." He whispered.
"I missed you too." I smiled back.

There were claps and laughter behind us. We turned around. I saw who was laughing.

And let's just say, when Shawn gets his hands on him, he'll be dead.
________________________________
Hey guys! I hope you liked this chapter. Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I was grounded for the pat two weeks because I've been on my phone to much *writing this story(parents you should know that)* so yeah.

Happy October! Ok I'm leaving now.

Peace out loves💙
🌺Riey