•Chapter 5- Hospital•

-Lily's POV-
I woke up with a major headache for some reason. It felt like there where rocks being thrown really hard at my head. I got up and went to go get some Advil and a water bottle from by bathroom. While I was in there, I decided to wash my face, brush my teeth, and shower. Once I was finished, I went to pick out my outfit which was a grey sweater with a saying on it : I need a six month vacation twice a year, ripped skinny jeans, grey vans, and a grey beanie. I call this my grey outfit.

I dried off and put my hair in a towel then put my clothes on

I dried off and put my hair in a towel then put my clothes on. My hair was dry so I straightened it since it was frizzy. I got my phone, my bag, and headed downstairs. No one was home which was a little weird. No note, no phone call or text to me. Nothing. I decided to call my mom or dad after school was over to give them a chance to get home. I grabbed a blueberry belvita, got my keys, and headed out the door. It was snowing outside and I didn't have a jacket. I'm so smart. The drive to school was 10 minutes away so I normally leave early.

While I was driving, I saw Shawn walking with his head down and hoodie on. I stopped next to him and rolled the passenger window down.
"Hey Shawn!" I waved and smiled at him. Even though he's a bad kid, it doesn't mean I can't be friends with him. He has a terrible life right now so I wanna try to make him better by being friends.
"Hi." He muttered.
"Wanna ride? School is like ten minutes away and snowing out." I asked him pointing to the road ahead of me.
"Um no I'm fine." He told me then kept walking forward.
"Oh come on Shawn. It's freezing cold out. Please." I whined. He huffed then got in. For the whole ride, Shawn kept his head down or facing the other way from me.

I pulled into a parking spot and took the key out of the ignition.
"Shawn can you look at me please?" I lightly asked. He shook his head no.
"Why?" I asked again.
"Because." That's all he said.
"Because what?" I questioned.
"Can you stop bugging me please? Geeze." He snapped at me then got out the car slamming the door behind him. I sat there trying to process what just happened in those few seconds.

The bell rung for second period which was social studies with Cameron. I walked in and he was sitting in the seat next to mine talking to I think his name was Carter. I sat down and took my phone out to text my mom. I couldn't wait until later to text her just to see where they are.
After that I put my phone away and started talking to Cameron and Carter.

"So what's up with you and Shawn ms Lily?" Cameron asked me while wiggling his eyebrows.
"Nothing we're just friends I guess." I laughed a little while my face turning red.
"Ooo she's blushing!" Carter yelled but for only us to here.
"Shut up. You guys are so annoy-" I got cut off by my phone ringing. It was my mom.

"Hello? Mom?"
"Hey baby girl. How are you?"
"Um mom where are you guys?"
"I'm at the hospital." My eyes went big.
"Why? Is everyone okay?" By this point, Cameron and Carter had questioning and worried looks on there faces.
"W-well we were at Anna's house yesterday and so her boyfriend came over. Anna and him walked off to a room so I thought everything was fine until I heard screaming. That's when Kayleigh and I rushed to the room and saw him beating Anna so Kayleigh ran up and tried getting him off of her but he pushed her down and started kicking her. That's when your father came and beat him up then helped Anna and Kayleigh up and to the hospital." She sounded like she was sobbing a little.  I was silent for a second.
"Is Kayleigh and Anna okay?" I had a few tears in my eyes.
"N-no. Kayleigh has a broken arm and nose. Anna..." It was silent for a second.
"Mom what's wrong with Anna." I said quietly.
"She's unconscious right now but the doctors said that they are gonna give her a few more hours before they pronounce her." Mom was full on crying right now. I dropped my phone and started crying.

Cameron and Carter gave me a sad face then hugged me.
"Hey Lily what's wrong?" Cameron asked me in a quiet tone.
"My... Sister. She's." I couldn't finish the last word. In a few hours, my best big sister in the world will be pronounced dead if she doesn't wake up.
"Hey it's ok. Just take a few seconds." Carter told me. I just couldn't though.
"Um, my mom told me that if my sister doesn't wake up from unconsciousness, then the doctors are gonna pronounce her." I told them while looking down at my half cracked phone. I could always get a new one.
"Oh. I'm sorry Lily." Cameron said tightening his grip on the hug. I shook my head and ran out of the classroom. The teacher just walked in but saw me and gave me a concerned look.
"Lily what's wrong?" Mrs. Moore asked.
"Can I use the bathroom?" I asked with more and more tears falling down my face. She nodded and I ran off to the bathroom.

I ran into the bathroom while hearing my name being called from what it sounded like Madison. I rushed to the wall and slid down putting my knees against my chest and rocking back and for. Whenever this happens to me, I begin to shake.

"Lily?! Oh gosh what happened?" Someone asked. I looked up and saw Madison kneeling down looking at me.
"Ok tell me later. Just breathe in and out. In, out, in, out." I did as she instructed and it helped with my shaking.
"Thank you." I said while still crying. She gave a side smile and sat down next to me.
"Wanna tell me what happened now?" Madison requested.

I told her the story with tears threatening to spill out of my weak eyelids.
"Lily I'm so sorry. We have to get over there so you can check her. I'll tell Mrs. Moore what happened. Wait for me outside ok?" I shook my head then got up and went to my locker. My bag only had my lunch, and a book that is overdue from the town library. I pulled it out and walked to the front of the building.

There was a bench with names carved in it.

Blake was here
Camille is the queen
Ray is gay
Shawn and Camille

I stopped reading after it said Shawn and Camille because the rest was about that slut. I bet she went onto another guy right after the break up with Shawn. The doors opened and out came Madison, with Jack G, Nash, Cam, Matt, Carter, and Shawn.

"Wait. What are the guys doing here?" I asked clearly confused.
"Madison told us about what happened so we decided to have your back." Gilinsky smiled at me.
"Well thanks then. But we have to go I wanna see Anna." We started walking but then Nash stopped us.
"Hold on what car are we taking?" I totally forgot.
"How about two. Me, Madison, Jack and Shawn in mine, then Carter, Matt, Cam , and Nash in the other." I suggested. They all agreed that they'll take Cam's car which was a black jeep. We got in and I put my key in the ignition then cut the car on and left for the hospital. The whole time, no one said anything. Madison was in the passengers seat while the boys were in the back.

5 minutes later, we arrived at the hospital. Before walking inside, I took a big breath then stepped inside. The lady working at the desk gave us a weird look. Is there anything wrong with 9 kids walking into a hospital in the middle of a school day? Ok maybe a little weird but whatever. She smiled at me though before I was about to talk.
"Hi. I'm here to see Anna Wright."  I told the lady. She looked at her computer screen then back at me.
"Are you related to her because only family is loud right now." She kind of glared at me then.
"Um yeah me and her are related." I pointed to Madison also. I can't only have my family in there to comfort me. It'll be weird since she won't really have anything to cry about.

"Ok she's on the third floor and room number 326." The lady went back to her phone which meant for us to leave. We took the elevators to the floor and the boys went to the waiting room while me and Madison walked into the room.

I wish I never did though.
-------------------------------------------------------
Hey y'all! So looks like I left you with a cliffhanger. I know you can hate me for that but I'll post the new chapter and you'll see what happened to Anna. I had a softball game yesterday  and my whole body HURTS so bad right now. But forget about that. Hope you enjoyed the chap. Peace Out✌🏾️
~~~~Riey🌺~~~~