•Chapter 10- Released•

-Lily's POV-
I woke up around 10 with bags underneath my eyes. This is what happens when you stay up until 1 watching Netflix. It smelled like something was burning downstairs so I jogged down to see Matt in the kitchen screaming.

There was fire in the pan. I grabbed it out of his hand and put it in the water.
"What happened?" I asked.

"Well I was trying to make pancakes but it caught on fire I don't know how though." He told me. This happened to me before so I can't say anything.

"Let's just go out for breakfast." He suggested. I agreed.

"I'll go wake everyone up. You go get dressed." He patted my back then walked away. I grabbed a water bottle and walked up to my room.

I honestly didn't feel like picking out my clothes so I just chose a sweater, black jeans and a whole bunch of jewellery. I fixed my hair and just left it out wavy. I put my grey sneakers on and headed downstairs.

Everyone was downstairs sitting on the couch already. Aaliyah and Kayleigh were like already best friends.

"You guys ready?" I asked while hopping off the third step. They all yelled 'yes' and then walked out the door. Kay had to get her crutches so she was the second to last person out of the door. I locked it then walked over to my car where Aaliyah and Kayleigh were in the back while Matt was in the front with me.

I turned the radio up and Kiss Me by One direction was on. Aaliyah and Kay instantly screamed and began singing along.

Even though I don't like them, this one is pretty catchy. I began singing but heard Matt humming also.

"Are you humming?" I smirked.

"What? No. What guy likes one direction?" He began doing that nervous laugh.

"It's ok Matt." I laughed. The whole car ride, we just sang along with the lyrics while jumping around and laughing. A couple minutes later, we arrived at the restaurant.

We got out and walked in. It was nice and clean and also smelt like breakfast. A girl lead us to our seats and gave us our menus. I looked through mine and found what I was getting. The waiter came over and took our orders

"Hi. I will get Belgium waffles with strawberries at the top." I smiled and looked up. This guy was pretty cute. He had Hazel colored hair like Matt's but it was in a mini bun at the back. His eyes were like a blueish greenish color which I couldn't stop looking at.

"Ok." He smiled and took my menu. I just kept looking at him. I felt someone nudged me in my rib.

"Stop staring. Your freaking him out with your ugliness." Kayleigh whispered to me.
"Shut up." I rolled my eyes and just sat there. It would be much better if Shawn were here.

----Shawn's POV----
"Are you awake?" I heard a voice say. I opened one eye and immediately closed it.

"To bright?" She asked. I nodded my head. I heard something close and opened my eye again. It was a little bit darker so my other eye opened.

"Hi Mr. Mendes." It looked like a doctor.

Wait where am I? Where's Lily?

"Where am I?" I asked quietly.

"In a hospital. Do you remember anything that happened?" She asked. For a second nothing came to me, but then it all flooded my brain. Tears came to my eyes but I didn't let them fall.

"Are you ok?" The doctor came and stood next to my bed.

"Um... Where's my sister?" I ditched her question.

"She's with your friend Lily. I called her earlier to see if everything was alright at your house." She walked over to the counter and gave me a cup of water and a pill.

"What's this?" I looked at the pill.

"A advil for your head. Does it hurt?" She looks at me with concern. I shook my head and took it.

"Well I think you should rest right now." I nodded and laid back down.

I still had on the clothes from yesterday. There was blood, and little rips in it. That bookcase really hurt. I wonder what they're doing right now. Probably trying to figure out how they're gonna kill me. I felt so bad for Aaliyah. She didn't deserve any of those cuts or bruises from Alex. Like, how do you even hit an eleven year old girl. Or just a girl in general.

My head was pounding from all of that thinking. I should just take it easy and go to sleep. Before I was about to fall asleep, my phone began ringing. I grabbed it but instantly dropped it. The screen light really hurt. I bet I have a concussion.

"Phone off Mendes." The doctor smiled a little but was definitely serious. I nodded and put it on the counter.

Time for a nap.

----Matt's POV----
Fifteen minutes later all of our plates were demolished. I can't blame them, all we ate yesterday was junk food and no dinner.

We were just talking in the parking lot when someone called me. I looked to see who it was and it was the doctor that takes care of Shawn.

"Hello?"
"Hi. Is this Matthew Espinosa?"
"Um yeah."
"Ok well I'm calling to let you know that Shawn is free to go. He just has to take it easy and no electronics or physical activities. Also no reading or writing." My smile dropped. He's gonna be devastated.

"Wait how long can he not write?"

"Um for about a couple of weeks. But I will call you and tell you when he can start doing all of that again."
"Ok I'll pick him up right now."
"Ok thank you for listening."

I hung up and told everyone. They all got in their cars and followed Lily's car.

Time to go tell him the bad news.
_________________________________
Hey y'all! Sorry I haven't updated in a while. So that sucks that Shawn can't play his guitar right now. Or can he? Just kidding he can't. Now if that actually happened I probably would've freaked out. This chapter was literally just a crappy filler.

Gonna update some of my other stories and this one too my gems.

Yes you are my gems.

Peace out✌🏾️gems💎

~~~~Riey🌺~~~~