•Chapter 12- Bad News•

-Shawn's POV-
I'm so happy that I'm getting out of here. It's like a jail for some reason. They don't let you out of your room and do things. I guess I just haven't been in a hospital for a long time.

I'm currently sitting on my bed with a major headache. It's like someone is beating my head to the ground. I literally just noticed what I said was from my song. Don't know what it's called yet but it's about me and Camille. Maybe later I can finish it and show it to Matt. He's the only person who knows about my singing and guitar playing.

Those two hobbies give me joy. Like when I'm mad or down, I just go straight to my guitar and sing whatever empties me.

"Excuse me Mr. Mendes? Someone is here for you." A doctor said to me. Matt and Lily walked in with smiles on their faces.
"Hey guys." I waved since I couldn't get up because of this stupid cast on my leg.
"Hey bud. Is your leg ok?" Matt asked while we were doing our hand shake.
"Um it still hurts badly but nothing I can do about it." He shook his head and went to get my bags.

"Hey Shawn." Lily smiled. That just made my day. Wait what?
"Hey Lily." I smiled back. It was awkward for a second other than Matt getting all my stuff together.
"How's your head?" She finally broke the silence.
"Hurts like... Bad." I just couldn't think of my words. All I was doing was looking at her eyes. They were so beautiful. Did I just say that?
"Well you gotta take it easy. But Matt has something to tell you." She came over and sat down on my bed.

"Oh uh yeah about that." He walked over and stood next to me.
"Listen, before I tell you, you can't get mad. And don't brake anything." I was starting to get nervous. Did something happen to Liyah?
"Ok well. Youhaveaconcussionandwontbeabletoplayyourguitarorsingforamonthandahalf." He said really quickly.
"Bro slow down and say it again. Slower." I just looked at him. Lily grabbed my hand and squeezed it a little.
"You have a concussion and won't be able to play your guitar or sing for a month and a half." He told me but really slow.

Everything processed and I just sat there with a blank expression.
"A month and a half?" I said quietly to myself. There was just a big huff from me and that's it. That's when I just shut down.
"You ok?" Lily asked quietly. No answer. She just climbed over to me and just hugged me.

At first I didn't hug back because I was still in shock about the news, but then she took my arms and put them around her. I just smiled and looked down at her.

"Come on dude lets get back to the house." Matt handed me my crutches and got my bag. We made our way to front desk and Lily signed us out.
"I've been in there to many times." Lily pointed to the hospital.
"No one is aloud to go in there anymore." We hoped into Matt's car and drove back to Lily's house.

Once I got in, the boys and I did our bro hugs and Aaliyah ran up to me. I hugged her so tight I think she was losing oxygen.
"I missed you." I whispered to her.
"Me too." She smiled at me. I smiled back.

"Who wants to watch a movie?" Lily asked. We all yelled I do.
"Ok let's see, um." Matt was scrolling through movies when he stopped at the purge.
"Matt no. Aaliyah and Kay can't watch this stuff." Lily told him.
"Dad let me see it with him." Kayleigh said. Lily snapped her head forwards Kayleigh and her eyes went big.
"What about Aaliyah?" Lily asked me.
"I can handle. Plus if I get scared I have Kay." She smirked at me. I rolled my eyes and chuckled a bit.

We ended up making popcorn, and eating a whole bunch of candy. I've never really felt this happy for a long time. I want this to happen everyday. I hope.

_________________________________
Hey y'all! So this is short but still good. Right? Anyway hope your enjoying the story so far. Can you guess what song Shawn was referring to? Comment and tell me if you know.

Gonna update with some of my other stories so check those out.

Peace out✌🏾️ my gems💎

~~~~Riey🌺~~~~