Chapter 28 (Normal...ish)

E L L A

My perfect weekend was over, and it was finally time to get back to reality.  I looked at the closet in front of me, trying to decide what to wear to school.  I switched through hanger after hanger, finally deciding on what to wear.

I picked out dark wash, high waist skinny jeans and a pink crop top.  I set the clothes on my bed, and did the rest of my routine.  I also decided to keep my hair natural after blow drying it.  When I was finished, I put on the clothes and a pair of white converse.  I decided that I wouldn't wear makeup today.

When I got downstairs, the usual pancakes were waiting for me on the table.  I was getting comfortable with this sort of rhythm I had.  I almost felt normal.  It was kind of growing on me.

I grabbed my backpack and headed out the door after hugging everyone goodbye, like I normally did.  I walked down to my bus stop with a pep in my step, optimistic about the day ahead.

When I arrived, the same four people who always wait at this bus stop, were either chatting or looking down at their phones.  that was, until I came over.  All talking ceased, and everyone looked up from their phones.  Including John, which usually never happened.

They all glared at me, like I was something that they would find on the bottom of their shoes.  I shook it off, figuring they were all just tired.  I was last getting on the bus, and as soon as I walked on, everyone's eyes were on me.

I gulped and made my way to where Caleb and I usually sat.  Except Caleb wasn't there, and it was just an empty seat.  An uneasy feeling settled in my stomach.  Something was up.

We arrived at the school a little while later, and everyone certainly took the time to shove me out of their way.

When I arrived at my locker, nobody was there waiting for me.  As I came closer, I realized that there was something written in big black letters on my locker. 

'SLUT'

I was confused as to why such a vulgar word was written on my locker.  I opened up my locker and started pulling my books out.  I shut the door of my locker, looking at the word one last time, before heading to my first class.

As I was on my way, I overheard a conversation between a few girls.

"Did you hear what that new girl Ella did?"

"Who hasn't!"

"I thought she was innocent."

"Guess not.  But I guess I can.t blame her.  I mean, it is Luke Hemmings!"

The mention of Luke's name made me stop in my tracks.  What are they even talking about.  I pulled out my phone and was about to text Caleb, when suddenly hundreds of twitter notifications were popping up onto my phone.  I ran into the nearest bathroom, but was stopped by a few girls.

"Look who's here." Said the tall brunette in the middle.  Her cronies stood proudly by her side, giving me disgusted looks.

"I mean just look at her! Luke deserves so much better." She stated mockingly.  I gave her a confused look, genuinely not understanding what had been going on.

"Oh you haven't heard? Your little 'sex scandal' with Luke is going all around twitter.  I just feel bad for poor Arzaylea." She said, pouting out her lips.  I opened my mouth, as if I were going to speak, before shutting it again and looking down at my feet.

"What's the matter? Cat got your tongue?' She finished off, before stalking off with the two other girls who were giggling uncontrollably.

A million questions raced through my head.  What 'sex scandal' with Luke? What did Arzaylea have to do with this?  I ran into one of the stalls and unlocked my phone, opening the twitter app.