Chapter 41 - Roxy

Start from the beginning

They both looked at each, and then Garrett stepped forward. Garrett and I walked over to the living room and began dancing. The song 'Uptown Funk' came on, and more people started to dance. I enjoyed dancing. It was always fun.

It wasn't always like that, though. I was always too shy to dance. All of that changed when Garrett became friends with me and Finn. Surprisingly, Garrett loves dancing so he usually insisted on me to join in when we went to school dances and eventually high school parties. It was Garrett who brought me out of my shell. Because of him, I started trying new and different things. He helped me grow as a person. That was one of the many reasons why I was grateful for his friendship.

Garrett and I danced for quite some time, then I got a bit tired and stepped away to get water. Another girl took my spot and danced with him. It was fine as I wasn't coming back anytime soon.

I walked into the kitchen. There weren't that many people but there were still a few left. Ryan was in the corner, talking to Rogelio and a few other guys. I saw a couple by the table, making out. I took a seat by the island, as I drank from my new water bottle.

A guy, who I had never met before, walked up to the island and got something to drink. He stared at me as he did so.

"Hey," he said to me.

"Hi," I responded.

"What's your name?" he asked, leaning over the island.

"Roxanne," I replied.

"I'm Walter." He walked around the island and stood in front of me. "Wanna dance?"

"No, thanks. I'm tired," I politely declined.

"Oh, come on. It'll be fun." He was breathing on my face, as he got closer, and I could smell the alcohol on his breath.

"Back up, dude." I put my hand on his chest and gently pushed him back.

"Let's just dance." He came back even closer and put his hand on my waist.

"Dude, move." I slapped his hand away. The nerve of this guy.

"What if I don't want to?" He smirked and brought both his hands to my waist again.

"Move." I tried to push his hands away, but he had a good grip.

"Roxy." Ryan moved the guys hands off me and got in between the guy and I. He stood in front of me, blocking the guy.

"Back off, man, this doesn't concern you," he growled at him.

"Actually, it does concern me." Ryan stood his ground. Not once moving. His hands were balled into fists.

"What? Is she your girlfriend?" he asked.

"Yes, she is, and I suggest you leave," Ryan told him, taking a small step forward.

"Whatever, man, keep your girlfriend," the guy mumbled and walked off somewhere else.

Ryan turned to look at me.

"Are you alright? Did he do anything to you?" Ryan asked. His eyes searched for mine.

"I'm fine, all he did was put his hands on my waist," I assured him.

"I know. I thought you were just talking, but then I saw you smack his hand away. I knew you didn't want him around you," he explained, crouching down to face me better.

"Can we go outside for some fresh air?" I asked, standing up.

"Yeah, let's go." He led me outside, and I followed.

We stepped outside into the fresh air. A little too fresh because I got goosebumps.

"Let's go for a walk," Ryan suggested.