Chapter 23 - Roxy

"Let's go get something to eat," Carter said. 

We were all currently at Finn's house just doing what we usually do which was hanging out in his living room.

"Where should we go?" Garrett asked.

"Doesn't matter," Carter replied.

"We always just go out and eat. We should make reservations at a restaurant and get dressed up," I suggested.

The guys turned to look at me, without saying anything.

No? Yes? Maybe?

"Yeah, we should," Ryan spoke up.

"Everyone good with that? Fancy dinner and getting dressed up?" Finn asked.

"Yeah," Carter and Garrett agreed.

"We can make a reservation for this Friday. Where, though?"

"Italian food. I've been craving some for a while," I suggested.

"How about Cardinis Restaurant?" Finn asked.

"Yes, their food is amazing," Garrett answered.

"So yeah? Cardinis?" Finn asked.

"Yeah," we all agreed.

"Alright, I'll make a reservation for Friday at eight p.m.," Finn said. "Dress classy."

"What do you mean 'classy?'" Garrett asked.

"Wear dress pants and a button up shirt," Finn explained.

"Alright, fine," he responded.

"But for now, I want some food," Carter continued.

"Suggestions?" Finn asked.

"And if Garrett says pizza, I swear I'll—"

"Let's go to Moe's."

Carter stood from the couch and was going to make it to the opposite couch that Garrett was siting on before Finn told him to sit down.

"Yeah, I want some Moe's, too."

"I agree with Garrett and Roxy," Ryan said.

"Carter?" Finn turned to him.

"It's not that I don't like Moe's, because I do, it just annoys me when Garrett's answer to everything is pizza," he paused. "But I could eat some right now."

"So Moe's then." Finn stood from the couch. "Rox, put on your shoes and let's go."

I nodded as I did just that. We walked out of his house and walked over to Finn's car. 

"Shotgun!"

"No, what the hell?"

"She called it," Finn chuckled.

"I don't care," Carter argued.

"Please, I never get shotgun." I placed my hand on the door handle.

"Because the three of us get squished in the back of Finn's car."

"But she did call it," Garrett defended.

Carter sighed. "You're so lucky we're friends. Any other person, I would have told them tough luck."

A smile slowly spread across my lips. "Really?"

He nodded. "Just get in before I change my mind," he said, getting in the back middle seat.

The rest of us got in. Finn turned on the engine and turned around only to chuckle. I turned around to see what he was laughing at. It was a sight to see. Carter was seated in the middle. Ryan was on his right, behind me, while Garrett was on his left, behind Finn. They were shoulder to shoulder and their knees were close to touching.