Chapter 38 - Ryan

"California is so weird," I mumbled to myself, leaning down and looking out of the window. Yesterday was raining and today it's sunny and a bit on the warmer side.

"So you guys want to go swimming down at the lake?" Finn asked, as we sat down to eat breakfast.

We all agreed as we ate our breakfast. I had scrambled eggs and toast with jam on my plate.

When we finished eating, we cleaned up and we all went into the bedrooms to change. Finn and I changed in the room, while Roxy went into the bathroom to change. I put on a pair of black swim trunks and a navy swim shirt. Roxy walked out of the bathroom wearing a pair of gray spandex shorts and a purple tank top.

When we were all ready, we locked up the cabin and headed towards the lake. The guys and I carried foldable chairs, while Roxy carried a bag of water bottles and snacks. We set the chairs down a few feet away from the shore and took a seat.

I looked around, there weren't that many people out, considering that yesterday it was raining. Across the lake, there were houses and a few kids swimming along the shore. We continued to sit there, enjoying the view before Roxy stood and walked to the shore. She took off her shoes and stepped into the water, just enough for her feet to get wet.

Garrett stood up and slowly creeped up behind her. Just as Roxy turned back around to face us, he picked her up in an instant and threw her over his shoulder.

"No!" Roxy screamed. "Put me down, Garrett!"

Garrett still carried her over his shoulder, as he walked further into the water. She was pounding his bare back in an attempt to be put down.

Finn and Carter were laughing beside me. We watched as Garrett walked waist deep into the water.

"I'll put you down. In the water," Garrett said. There was humor in his voice.

"No! On dry land!" she screamed.

It was too late. Garrett dropped Roxy into the lake.

She grunted and screamed, once she came up to the surface. Garrett stood a few feet in front of her, laughing. Roxy didn't find it all that funny because she tackled Garrett backwards into the water.

It was all amusing. Just as Garrett stood, Roxy lunged at him again, causing him to fall back once more. Garrett came up and tried picking her up again. She moved around as much as she could in the water, trying to avoid his grasp, and then swam away further into the lake. Garrett followed, swimming behind her.

"Hey! Don't have all the fun without us!" Carter yelled. He got up from the chair, quickly took off his shirt, and threw it on the chair. He ran towards the water and dove in.

Finn and I soon followed, after taking off our shirts. We ran into the lake and swam further out, away from the shore, swimming towards Roxy and Garrett.

"How about we play a game?" Garrett said, once we reached them and treaded water. They had already calmed down. "We'll do teams. Two people on each team and the single person left...we have to try and dunk them under the water."

Same old Garrett. I mentally shook my head.

"You guys are ridiculous," Roxy said.

"And Roxy's first." He smiled.

"What? No!" She swam over to Finn and got behind him, using him as a shield.

We all laughed, well all except for Roxy.

"Roxy, I'm joking." Garrett continued to laugh.

"Gare Bear, that's not nice," she said, furrowing her eyebrows.