Chapter 32 - Ryan

Start from the beginning

Fiona had already left to the front to sit with her friends, but that didn't stop her from coming back to sit in her assigned seat in front of me.

"So how is it going, Ryan?" she asked. I could hear the excitement and smile in her voice.

"Good." I nodded, focusing on the sheet in front of me and working on a few math problems.

"That's good to hear," she said, before I heard her get up and leave.

"Don't like Fiona's attention?" I heard.

"What?" I turned to face Roxy. She wasn't looking at me. Her attention remained on the worksheet in front of her. She switched her gaze back and forth between the examples on the board and the worksheet she was working on.

"Fiona," she said, before turning to face me. "You don't like her attention?"

"What does that mean?" I knew what she meant.

"Well, it's obvious she has a thing for you. She always comes back over, after she goes with her friends, and tries to talk to you. She gives you attention."

"It's not her attention I'm seeking," I mumbled, scribbling on my worksheet, trying to busy myself.

"What?" she questioned.

"Nothing," I said, before changing the subject. "So, need any help on the worksheet?" My eyes met hers.

She nodded, keeping focus on my eyes and not breaking eye contact. I know she heard my mumble. She was trying to read me.

After Roxy and I worked on the worksheet, it was already time for lunch. We exited our class and walked over to the lunch lines and grabbed some food.

"How did we all get here at the same time?" I asked, sitting down in my usual spot.

We all shared a look and shrugged our shoulders.

"Alright, so I have everything settled," Finn said, sitting down beside Roxy.

"About spring break?" Carter asked, as he started opening his food wrapper.

"Yeah. So I found a cabin. Two bedrooms, two baths. It's out of the Sheer Rivers town. About a twenty minute drive to town. The lake is like a five minute walk. The total for the week, Monday through Sunday, is about five hundred dollars, plus a hundred for deposit. We'll each pay one hundred and twenty to rent the cabin."

"Not bad," Carter said.

"But," Finn started. "We need money for food and gas too. Ryan you cool with us taking your truck?"

I nodded my head, eating my food.

"Plus food and gas, we'll need about an extra one hundred and fifty. So, in total we'll need about two seventy. I know it sucks that we didn't have much time to save up money."

"Dad already put money on my card." Garrett shrugged.

"My mom just told me to tell her how much," Roxy said, before she took a sip of her water.

"I have money saved," I said.

"Me, too," Carter said.

"Alright. It's cool with my parents." Finn nodded his head. "So we're good? Everyone agree?"

"Yeah," we said in unison.

"Alright. If you guys can, I need the cabin money by Sunday. I called the person in charge. He said by three on Sunday, and he'll have it ready for Monday. He has a real estate office in town."

We all nodded.

"Bring warm clothes. It doesn't snow in Sheer Rivers, but it does get cold. Also bring comfortable shoes, since we'll be hiking. Other than that you guys are free to dress yourselves."